xisto Community

I am the only one in my family (even my parents! My dad is completely "sleeved" with tattoos) who doesn't have any piercings or tattoos. You really have to put a lot of thought into things like this. My sister picked out her first tattoo (a snake and drumsticks) a year before she had it done just to be sure. I think she's still happy with it.

I dont have any tattoos but my guy has many. He has a couple celtic knots, one inside a tribal design(forget tribal unless its part of your heritage, other wise its overdone )a unicorn globe on over his heart(for his ex wife) a Tazmanian Devil(way too popular)when he ws in the military. A scorpion for our son cuz he's a Scorpio. I have a nose piercing on my left side, just a small stud ring and the usual two in each ear. Im kinda tired of seeing everyone with the same tats though.

Its something you are going to live with forever unless you get it drawn over or removed(expensive) It should be represents you or what you want to be, your personality, heritage, country. It would be good for you to draw something or get a friend to make an original creation incorporating a few ideas. That way no one would have one exactly like you.

Tattoos and piercings? Me? No way. I know a few people that have gone out to get tattoos and piercings, but ended up regretting it later on...the thing is, it's a bit hard [and as cammy said, expensive] to remove a tattoo. So I've heard a lot of little horror stories and such, and I'm sure i won't be getting one anytime soon...or at all...I say thing it over a couple of times before you get one...cause you most likely will be stuck with it...

I have a piercing on my tongue. Ive always died for one one the eyebrow, ear, and some tattoos all over the body, but I know that I would probably regret it a couple of years later and some of them leave scars, and the tatoos are really expensive to remove. Especially here in Mexico, if you have anything like that you loose very good job opportunities, so as soon as i graduate im gonna have to remove my tongue piercing =(

I noticed one thing about this topic no body mentioned the Tattoo Artist. It doesn't matter who does the drawing, or if its flash art off the wall of the studio. The person putting the tattoo on your skin is the most important thing to consider, if you want a tattoo.Yes you can have it removed, but a Tattoo is for the rest of your life!!! I personally would consider the Artist more than the actual art itself. Don't misunderstand me you also need to consider the art to.Ask your friends who already have tattoo's that you like who did them, Then go talk to them, most won't get offended, because if they have any grasp of reality, they'll understand and help you out, as much as they can. Ask to see some of his/her work actually done on people. This can be difficult, because most of the Tattooist I know are cash only. Sometimes you get lucky and find repeat customers in the Parlor. Most people like to show off their Tats.Appearance concerns can be addressed, bye the placement of your Tattoo's. I personally will have no Body Art, below my elbows, so I can still wear a short sleeve shirt to work or to see the Teacher at School, etc!!!I have no piercings, so can't comment on this. I only have a few Tats myself.Also a word of caution should be expressed here.TATTOOS ARE ADDICTIVE!!!!!

I agree with Pinwillie.

Tattoos are a form of expression, so you don't want some generic flash that you pick out from a picture on the wall or in a magazine. Always ask to see an artists portfolio or album of tattoos that he/she has personally done. The photo album should be of people, not patterns! You want to work with an artist to do something meaningful and unique, something personal. My cousin got one just after he enlisted, a little Calvin being electrocuted, and now, 10-12 years later, he's trying to figure out another tattoo to cover it up.

Before you go to an artist, you have to have an idea of where you want it and how large it will be. Then comes the hard part of deciding what you want. That's where I'm stuck since I have a million different ideas and I'm trying to narrow them down so that the artist isn't bombarded with everything that I'm bringing to him. And remember that your tattooist is an artist, each one has a unique style. Most can do just about anything that you ask them to, but they're usually better at a certain style than another. For example, if you like color, then you want to work with someone who knows which colors to blend and shade to give the best effect. If you like black and white, you want someone who knows how to shade in a way that gives depth to the tattoo. Certain people are better at tribal tattoos than others because it requires precise lines and symmetry. There's this tattoo parlor in my neighborhood that has all this Asian decor, but there's an artist there that does amazing Aztec-inspired tattoos.

Your tattoo should reflect you: your personality, your lifestyle, a meaningful or emotional event in your life. It makes for a much more interesting story than "I walked into a tattoo shop and picked this skull and bones from a book/off the wall" or "My best friend and I got the exact same tattoo in the exact same spot so we know we'll always be B.F.F.'s!"

tee hee... i love body art... ill try not to spend too much time in this topic like i did in my piercings topic but the only thing i have is a tongue piercing.... here is a list of things i want done (including tattoos):-lip piercing (medusa)-eyebrow-nipples (both)-belly button-Tattoo of the sun around my belly button-huge tribal tattoo across the upper back-small tribal tattoo on center of lower backits not a whole lot but i think ill be busy for a while getting it done... what do you think? Hopefully i gave you some ideas....Laterz...

ooo i was also thinking about getting my tongue split ... how does one go about getting that done... i dont think most piercing places will do it .... or i guess i could just put a piece of teflon tape through my tongue ring hole.... wat ya think?

ya, its always good to think into it good before you tattoo something on your body, because if ever a time comes that you regret having the tattoo, then its gonna be a pain in the behind getting it removed, not only is it hard to remove it, the process takes so much time, i mean months, and it i heard that it hurts like hell to remove it, so think carefully before you decide to get one, and maybe pick a spot on your body where you can easily hide it.as for me, no i dont have any "body art" on me.