xisto Community
Milk

Changing What The Point Of Your Website Is... ++

If like, the point of your website at first was to show off your songs, and now you wanted a messageboard or something....does it really matter?Mine was at first just a personal site, but I wanna make it an mp4 rotation site...it shouldn't matter right? No one cares.......like, I don't have to tell anyone [though i am telling right now] right?

It shouldn't matter at all as long as your site is still underground (rarely no one knows about it yet). However, if you get a lot of visitors to your site, then I recommend that you post a notice somewhere on the main page telling your visitors that there will be a change in the entire site in the next few days.By the way, what's the point of the "++" in this thread's description?

I think Milk is referring to the site description he provided when he first applied for web hosting here.I don't think it matters, unless the boys upstairs find something objectionable about your new content. That's just my guess.

well my site first started off as personal, then it went to public stuff like downloads, tutorials, and such, so yeah, but if you get that site up and cleared, i wanna see it, and maybe if i have time and you need it i could possibly help with something, maybe graphically, i dunno, sounds cool tho. good luck m8

whoops..forgot about this topic. *mp3 rotation. not mp4 X_xI don't know what the ++ is for. I don't recall ever typing it. Well, after I lost most of the information on my site from before, I got lazy and didn't really wanna redo it. So now everything is scattered and I have nothing on the front page....so no I don't get a lot of visitors because there's nothing to see. Thanks for the responses guys.

Hi:I think what I want dto do is come up with a domain name that is generic. Then, when I want to change the topic of my site....I am able to do so. Now, I have a domain histology-world.com. But I want to do some things on it not related to histology, and it kind of doesnt fit. So I think a more generic name gives you more options.Sunkist

^ Ha, I definately agree. Though you can always change your subdomain name as well, only, it costs you 10 credits. >_>Mine's mint so it's pretty outwardly and it can be anything I want....either that or I could really care less anyways. ::shrug::

Like others have said, no I don't think it matters whether you change the content in your site or not. As long as the content doesn't oppose the rules for content, then I guess you can change it as often as you want. And yes, it is better to have a more generic subdomain/domain. It's better because if you want to overhaul your website, change the content, graphics, etc. you still have the domain name that can suit almost any content.That's how I choose my subdomain. I made it a general subdomain name.

As long as you don't violate any of Xisto's rules you should be fine. I believe the reason they ask that because its kind of a nice way to say only good, leagal sites need apply, or the staff wants to know a little about you and stuff because your going to be posting here after all.From Wariorpk