xisto Community

Hi:Anybody know specifically what different factors Yahoo likes in its search engine? I have read what google likes, but not much on the Yahoo search engine. My site is ranked much higher with Yahoo, and I am trying to figure out why. Plus, perhaps if I can figure out those factors, I can improve my rankings further in Yahoo.Thanks for your help.Sunkist

My best guess is that Yahoo bases its rankings solely on the content of your site. I know this because I have a page that is over 100 KB, and Yahoo loves it. About 500 visitors get to my site from Yahoo everyday.

Most major search engines have more or less the same general criteria of quality for ranking web sites. One factor I would try and concentrate on is building up link popularity, but only with sites that are of decent quality. Link farms etc should be avoided where possible.