xisto Community
moldboy

Tutorials Can I post two places?

If I post a tutorial on this forum, and then decide to post it on my website, can I? I know in the TOS or something it says that I grant Xisto the right to post my wirk withough giing up the right to it, so does that mean I can use a tutorial (that I wrote) on this forum and my site?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You wrote it, and have the copyright to it. If the TOS says you aren't giving up the right to post your work, then you definitely can. I'm pretty sure they can't make you forfeit that right anyway, even if they do put that in the TOS.

See that's what I thought, mayve it wasn't the TOS, I think maybe the forum rules. See the reason I'm wondering is because In the Tutorials rules thred it said don't post from a diffrent website. So I was wondering, what if that website was my website?

I agree with 20inches. If you made the article/tutorial, then you have every right to post it in any of these forums without using the quotes tag (meaning you can get hosting credits from it). An example is all the articles found in the Creativity forum. However, if you find a tutorial on a site that you DID NOT make, then you have to use the quotes tag when posting it on Xisto.When posting something that you made, make sure you include a big note saying that it's your article in case any of the staff members (including myself) find it online and claim that you did not make it.

See that's what I thought, mayve it wasn't the TOS, I think maybe the forum rules.  See the reason I'm wondering is because In the Tutorials rules thred it said don't post from a diffrent website.  So I was wondering, what if that website was my website?

144746[/snapback]

Yeah, they just don't want you copying a tutorial off of a website or something and trying to pass it off as your own writing. As long as you wrote it, then you're fine.

Thankyou that's what I thought I just wanted to be sure. I want hosting credits, but was maybe planning on creating a tutorials section in my page later.

Yeah think of it in comparison to everyone who puts their poetry in the forums...they don't necessarily just come up with lines off the top of their head while posting, these things are done outside of the forum, so the same should apply to your situation...so lets see the tutorials!

Well thankyou, that's what I exped, but didn't want to without confirmation. While we are on the topic of tutorials, it says I must use image thumbnails (I understand why) but was wondering what the best way to go about using them is?