xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tariqrf

Domain Parking Questions.. parking domains

I will be getting a .com domain soon (whenever i am kinda free)... i would like to know certain stuff... like, i have parked domains in hosts before.. but not in a free one, so yea.. the .com coming pretty soon, but what i want to know is, does Xisto - Support it(which i guess it should), so this is what my domain registrar offers:

URL forwarding

Domain name parking

now i know URL forwarding is going to take a while to get to my site... so i am avoiding that, but how do you guyz go about doing the parking thing??? so what are the steps i need to take after registering the domain?

this is what the registrar says about parking (which i dint understand):

"Even if you're not ready to post your Web site on the Internet, you can still register and reserve your Domain Name with Net4Domains Domain Parking facility free of charge.

Your Domain Name without its associated web space is parked on a machine for as long as you do not decide to host a website with it."

After you register the domain you need to first point the domain to your website with name servers of ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com. After you've done that you're going to log in to your Cpanel and click "Parked Domains."Add your domain and there you are!

hmm it doesn't cost nothing to re-explain it u_u:ok your domain registar said that if you do't have any hosting account (in this case if you didn't have a Xisto hosting account) then your domain name will be parked within the domain registar servers until you got your hosting =) but well i think you should ask or search trought your domain registar's website if you would have total control over the DNS because those are the ones you need to park your domain here at Xisto, sometimes i know of few of them who would charge the DNS change from $0.50 to 5.00 >_>! !! so i'll recommend you to check it @@! then when you have your domain ready and with control of the dns change them to point to NS1.TRAP17.COM and NS2.TRAP17.COM then go to your cpanel and click on the park domain option put your newly DNSed pointed domain name and voil?! there you go =)! if it doesn't work you'll have to wait like 2 days to the new DNS to spread over the net :rolleyes: my domain took like 4-5 to propagate =( but it's kind of working right now =) hope this information will be usefull

Please try and check that your questions haven't already been asked and answered before requesting support. As has already been pointed out by badinfluence, this problem has been clearly explained here.

*Thread closed.