xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
roylazarovich

Suggestion: E-mail Reminder, Or Taskbar Application To let you know when you are almost out of credits

Hi Everyone.I have a suggestion which quite possibly have been suggested before.My suggestion is to have an e-mail reminder sent out to users who's hosting credits are below, lets say, 4 points. that way, users who can not return to the forums frequently could still be aware of their credit status and avoid account suspension, it will also help bring back members to the forums to post.Another option, which sounds best to me but might be harder to acheive, is to create a small application that sits in your task bar and displays your current hosting credits, each user would only need to enter his forum username and password in the configuration panel of the software.Let me know what you think and if this can be done.

Firstly I just want to say I'am sorry but I have no idea if this can be done. but my initial feeling is yes, I mean if G-mail can do it why dont Xisto. But I would like to throw my support behind this idea as I think it would be highly usefull. especially the taskbar thing, I know I would definately get it.

I don't think that this idea is necessary at all. The purpose of the hosting policy here is to build a community. Part of that means every member needs to stay active at the forums to maintain their hosting. So if a person was being an active member like they should, they would be aware of their credits... or not even have to worry about their credits period. A notification wouldn't be necessary, and might even be counter-productive.

especially the taskbar thing, I know I would definately get it.

I definitely wouldn't do the taskbar thing (would that be for IE users only?). But also kinda agree with twentyinches631.

I definitely wouldn't do the taskbar thing (would that be for IE users only?). But also kinda agree with twentyinches631.

144534[/snapback]

It would probably be browser independent, I don't really know as I don't know how to do this, but since it would be a taskbar application as opposed to a browser addon it shouldn't matter what browser you use.

I understand what you mean about it possibly being counter productive, I was thinking of it simply as a mean for a user to be on top of things and know where his status stands, but if it might cause users to contribute less to the forums than I suppose it's not such a good idea.

Just a thought.