xisto Community
Mysterio

Roller Coasters In the last 5 years.....

Roller coasters have been known for many years around the U.S in theme parks. But in the last 5 years they have introduced types of coasters you can even dream of like LIM, Rocket, Giga, and ect.... Like at Six Flags Great Adventure they hold the tallest and fastest coaster on earth Kingda Ka which is a rocket coaster. Millenium Force at Cedar Point a giga. Batman and Robin the Chiller a LIM. Hydra the Revenge a floorless coaster. But now roller coasters are entering a more themeing era like Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios theme parks which bring some intence themeing onto a dark ride/coaster. Alot of stuff is happinging in the last 5 years and will continue so for many years to come.

Yeah...The next era of such extertainment is going digital.This not only saves space, but also provides the ultimate quality of sound effects, graphical illusions, all bringing a person's mind into state imagination.Good example is Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios theme parks.I'm waiting when such entertainment comes to homes.So get ready a pair for 3-D glasses, hook yourself up with a surround headphone and blast away to the world of imagination...

Digital rides are good but the actual thing is amazing. I have been on the virtual roller coasters and they make me sick to my stomach yet i go on every roller coaster possible and have no problem like the Millenium Force and Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point (which i must say is the same right but 10 ft shorter than the Kingda Ka and has been out for 2 years). So i think the future of rides is gonna stay the same pushing the height and speed and maxing the amount of G's felt instead of just going digital

Hoooooly crap, there is no way I would ride that thing (kingda ka). I'm getting the chills just sitting here, for real. I definitely ride roller coasters though, and I think it would really suck if all rides go digital. I don't see this happening though, as they are 2 different types of rides and they have different effects on your body.

I love rollercoasters. I havent been to the ones in the US yet but here in Ontario I go to Paramount Canadas Wonderland. They had the first stand up rollercoaster in Canada called SkyRider, totally awesome ride! Nothing like a metal or wooden coaster to give you a thrill. I guess one good thing about going digital its a lot safer except for your heart. :lol:

Roller Coasters will aways have outside ones like today's triditonal ones but virtual and dark coasters will probably get more popular. Also many more types of roller coasters are coming into to play like I was saying like Rocket Coasters like Xcelerator, Top Thrill Dragster, and Kingda Ka or floorless like Medusa and Hydra the Revenge.What I can see is more types of coasters and more scenery added to these to make roller coasters much better. Like the new Expedition Everest opening in 2006 at Walt Disney World is a roller coaster which you are inside Mount. Everest. Have air pumps a yetti chasing you and ect.Roller Coasters will remain the triditonal ones like wood and steel but dark coasters are growing more popular.

Thanks so much for putting that image on(barring it is a bit big :rolleyes:. That is an awesome photo and man I would love to go for a little bit of a cray spin on that bugger. I've been on the fastest rollercoaster in the world and that was absolutely stunning. I've also been on the highest freefall drop in the world and it was just all too much to handle, thought I'd need a new pair of pants while my legs were dangling free and you could see many many kilometers distance around you, the fall was crazy as well. The worst part was waiting, they just let you wait there for a little longer than you thought and your heart is pounding and you know that there is absoluteyl no way to back out of it now.I can't ever see digital giving me the same thrill as the real thing. If you're young enough it can(I remember absolutely loving digital rides and things as a kid) but these day's their pretty mediocre. You can't compare the thrill of hearing the "click click click click" of going up the hill on the roller coaster to some simulation that just throws you around like some sort of rag doll, not the same, and never will be in my opinion.

speaking about the "click click" you said it is caller a lift chain hill. And about that today there is so many different roller coasters we put them in groups: Wooden CoastersSteel CoastersInverted CoastersLaunch Coasters.Yes wooden and steel are more popular then the rest but as you saw in the pic a few posts up that is Kingda Ka the tallest and Fastest coaster in the world and it is in the Launch Coasters category. But after a category you go into a sub category which tells you a ride type like steel coasters some categorys (types of coasters) are:Giga CoasterHyper-CoasterCrowscrew CoasterLooping CoasterFloorless Coasterand ect......What is the most popular thing about a roller coaster is probably the lift chain which will be coasters icons forever.Now about that the digiatal (virtual) rides you where talking about Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Orlando and California shows some great tech. With the mummy face in front of you or the beetles climbing on the walls you think your in the movie. Also Walt Disney's World newest coaster opening in 2006 called Expedition Everest features some things you wont see in a normal coaster like having air pumps blast into your face or a yetti chacing you. So there is alot of coasters out there and what I say is still growing.

the best theme park in the world is six flags in my opinion theres some awesome ones in japan even better ones in orlando florida you make the plans and take the trip thats just my opinion yall.Mechvegita

Florida and California hold i believe the most popular parks but not the best. Japan has good parks like Hong Kong Disneyland and ect... but what makes a good park is making everything just right.