xisto Community
sunster13

Two Questions about credits and PHP

My first question, I haven't had much time lately to post, and my credits are running low. If I reach zero, is my account suspended for ten days or something like that? Or can I just make a post and my site is back online?

My second question was, what version of PHP does Xisto currently use. As you can see on my site: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (on the right hand side) the shoutbox doesn't work. I asked someone at zymic, and he couldn't fix it. Then another person said he could help. He ended up saying that it was the version of PHP, and that he had the problem before.

Any help?

I can shed some light to your first question. When your hosting credit is depleted and falls below 0.01, your hosting account is suspended automatically. You can still access and post on this forum (and that?s what it?s for) to gain the hosting credits. Your hosting will not revive automatically until you have sufficient hosting credits. The official answer is 7, according to the post link found on my signature. Click the hosting credit FAQ link. Your site is suspended indefinitely until you bring your hosting credit from the graveyard. Once you have sufficient hosting credit, the reactivating script that runs every hour will reanimate your account. But the whole idea of Xisto is that if you are regularly active at this forum, you will soon forget about focusing your attention to increase hosting credits because it?ll come naturally.In case of emergency, you can contact OpaQue or NilsC via forum email system (private messaging) to purchase hosting credits. Find out more information by submitting your query to fore mentioned administrators.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Updated hosting credit FAQ link on my signature. Thankyou, snlildude87.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

First question: The link that BuffaloHELP provided is not the most current post (that post was made in January of this year). The most current one says that you are to have more than 4 hosting credits for your hosting account to stay alive. There is a script that runs every hour or so that checks everyone's hosting credits, and it suspends accounts that have less than 4 hosting credits. If your account is suspended, then all your files are safe on Xisto servers until you can get 5 or more hosting credits at which time the script will automatically unsuspend the account. However, once your hosting credits reach -30, then all your files are deleted from Xisto servers and are not recoverable. That means that your account has been terminated.
This is the more recent post that I was alluding: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/

Second, the PHP version that Xisto uses is always the most recent one, or in this case, it's 4.3.11.

Hope that summed everything up. :lol:

My second question was, what version of PHP does Xisto currently use. 

143875[/snapback]

in cpanel index, left column, bottom table box, caption about "General Server Information"... you say "whoa!!!" then..

Keep goin 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

I'll take you to the candy shop

Boy one taste of what I got

I'll have you spending all you got

Keep going 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

:lol:

in cpanel index, left column, bottom table box, caption about "General Server Information"... you say "whoa!!!" then..

Keep goin 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

I'll take you to the candy shop

Boy one taste of what I got

I'll have you spending all you got

Keep going 'til you hit the spot (whoa)

:lol:

143906[/snapback]

I already posted that (read my post). And what is up with your quote? That counts as spam because it does not have anything to do with the topic, but I'll let it go this time. You can put that quote in your signature, but using it in this post is completely irrelavent.

sorry for misunderstanding...just try to make the thing fun/happy..accept my apology :lol: i dun wanna spam.. that's why i used "quote" tag.for the topic, i wanna deliver the message that we, as a member can know more info about sever in cpanel index "general sever info" (not only about phpinfo)once again, sorry for misunderstanding..peace :(

Ok thank you for the reply, but unfortunately it's not the answer for my shoutbox not working  :lol:

143949[/snapback]

i think it's not php version problem.. it could be just the coding problem.. i've seen your site and shown that

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/gchl/public_html/shoutboxfolder/floodbox.php on line 44
so just check the floodbox.php line 44 about any expression-code which you might type wrongly.. or if you have original script, compare and check on that line...

hints:

note that the php comparison operators are not =< and should be <=

So, the '<' bracket is unexpected to the parser.

check here

Your first question has been answered, so I don't think I need to repeat everything. (You can check out the link in my sig)

About the shoutbox... could you please tell me what script you are using. For example, are you using a script called supershout, shoutmax, shout-php etc. (these are fake names). If I have the script's name, maybe I can attempt to install it, then tell you, either what's wrong, or maybe install it for you, with your permission of course :rolleyes:. Posting a link would help even more. Of course, you could also reinstall the script... maybe it's a database error. I can't help much on this issue, unless I get more info. Meanwhile, you could do a search for the answer.

I'm GUESSING, the shoutbox is called floodbox... I think that the script is offline now. If you would send me the script, I could test it for you.

Update: I found the script. I'll try installing it.

Update: I think I found the problem. Try making the following files CHMOD 777

admin.php,config.php,dataflood.db,lastip.php,and the smilies folder

If you don't get what I mean, I'll show you

1.) First, you check the properties/permissions, or whatever you use for your FTP (if you tell me your FTP company, I'll tell you more specifically)
2.) Check all the checkboxes (Group, User, World) or, change the number from 644 to 777 (the number might also be 774 or 000 or something with 3 numbers)
3.) Enjoy the shoutbox! If you have more questions, or if you want to tell me your FTP, or if I told you about the wrong script, you can always PM me or reply to this message :lol:

I put a demo on my site
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Enjoy your day. Hope this has helped you. I have the script in case you lost it, or damaged it.

Edited by Dooga (see edit history)