xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SilverSoldierTT

Geeklog Scripts And Templates Geeklog scripts and templates

Hello,I am new to the Xisto scene... (wow, that sounded alot more like something you would say at an AA meeting than i had hoped for...) anyways, I have been building sites back and forth at different places for various reasons for years now... though I havent really strayed far from HTML.. HTML I can use without a problem, and I have some background in JAVA, graphics, etc... Anyways, back to the subject. Recently, I was looking over a site a friend of myne created which used the Geeklog scripts and templates. It looked great, though after downloading the files for it, I cannot figure out how to incorporate the PHP coding into creating the actual site... would anyone here be able to help me out?

First off. Welcome to Xisto! Hope you have fun posting, and remember to not do anything against the rules.

Once you get your hosting here at Xisto, there is a very valuable feature that we have called cPanel, and in there, you can modify every aspect of your site with a click of a button. In cPanel, there is something called "Fantastico" which includes all kinds of neat things that you can put on your website such as PHP-Nuke, Nucleus, Coppermine Image Gallery, Geeklog, and MANY more. You can select to install Geeklog, and it will do it in about 1 second. After that, it will show you how you can configure Geeklog, so other people can view your website.

Good luck!

Go here to learn about geeklog: https://www.geeklog.net/

Hi and welcome to Xisto. What is that 'geeklog' tool? Sorry im nosey lol but could you link me to a site you have built before to see what capability you have? Cheers, Karl

Hello,

I am new to the Xisto scene... (wow, that sounded alot more like something you would say at an AA meeting than i had hoped for...) anyways, I have been building sites back and forth at different places for various reasons for years now... though I havent really strayed far from HTML.. HTML I can use without a problem, and I have some background in JAVA, graphics, etc... Anyways, back to the subject. Recently, I was looking over a site a friend of myne created which used the Geeklog scripts and templates. It looked great, though after downloading the files for it, I cannot figure out how to incorporate the PHP coding into creating the actual site... would anyone here be able to help me out?

143566[/snapback]

Geeklog has so called "plugins", which are deratives of PHP scripts that can be implemented onto GeekLog, if you are trying to put in a chunk of PHP scripting into your GeekLog pages, you should begin that by creating a plugin. If you've got no clue on how to do that, give me a PM, and I'll do it for you.

-whyme

Ok, thanks for that info... ill be sure to check out the CPanel once I get the site and start building... The site I was talking about which was built with Geeklog is here. Let me see here... As far as one that I built goes, I have taken most of them down as for the longest time I was running on a very limited web space (hense the attempt to re-locate here), however I did participate in the building of This Site... its a site for a game that I play every so often for one of the squads in it... lol... and dont worry... im just as nosey as you are :lol: ...

anyways, thanks again for the help there... I really appreciate it... Are you guys running the basic or pro versions? and around how long did it take you to get the 30 pts needed (assuming you are on the pro)?

sorry for adding a new post on this... its been a long morning (worked till 3 am, and now gotta go to school), and couldnt find the edit button... but is there a specific place to go to see how many points you have? if it seems im just blabbering on, forgive me... as i said, its been a long morning... anyway, I will catch up with you guys later... see ya...

go to the forums homepage using THIS link. Then above all the topics theres a thing that tells you either how many credits you have (Before you start hosting) or how many days you have remaining (once hosted). Hope this has helped you. Cya, Karl :lol:

thanks, i appreciate that... i was reading over the instruction/rules, etc... to get credits you must remain active in the forums... that makes sense... but what happens if you are hosting a site, and become inactive on the forums for whatever reason for a time period adding up to more than the credits you have? does your account get suspended, canceled, or what?

thanks, i appreciate that... i was reading over the instruction/rules, etc... to get credits you must remain active in the forums... that makes sense... but what happens if you are hosting a site, and become inactive on the forums for whatever reason for a time period adding up to more than the credits you have? does your account get suspended, canceled, or what?

143817[/snapback]

Nils' post here might be able to answer your question: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8717-fair-warning-is-given-to-all-hosted-members/

Geeklog has so called "plugins", which are deratives of PHP scripts that can be implemented onto GeekLog, if you are trying to put in a chunk of PHP scripting into your GeekLog pages, you should begin that by creating a plugin. If you've got no clue on how to do that, give me a PM, and I'll do it for you.

-whyme

143639[/snapback]

Hey Whyme, I tried to PM you, but not sure if it went through... because of this, im gunna send it again... if you get it twice, sry, and u can delete one of em because its the same... well thanks for the help... see ya around...