xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Star Wars 3 Breaks Records.. And Already Pirated! oh yeah its true

personally, i do not think George Lucas and his team would loss that much because of piracy. He still sells those LIMITED edition action figures, t-shirts etc., and gets so much money for those exclusive footages and the likes. and those stores, like the Mc Donald's, also pay him for the rights to have his Star Wars Characters on their Happy Meals. And The Saga is not over yet, I have heard that George Lucas will be releasing TWO special television series of Star Wars, and he will be getting so much money from the advertisers. After the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith they will release it on DVD with special fooatges and "Making the Movie," and the fanatics will sure buy it as well. And they will be getting so much money from that!And the Statr Wars items will still be available even though there is no more of the saga. or maybe they will do another special movie about it on it's golden Anniversary. hehehe

Many die-hard SW fans would still go watch it in theaters, even if they had the pirated copy. And as boyCradle said, all that merchandise isn't cheap...he probably wouldn't lose MILLIONS, but just a couple hundred I would think. I have seen 2 BitTorrent sites having some Star Wars Episode III .torrent files on their trackers a few days before it was released in theaters. Of course, those sites were immediately shut down by the RIAA and MPAA. I believe they were the preview videos that Buffalo was talking about.

ya to tell truth.. i had a copy form friend THE DAY FOR is came out in san jose california.. it was crazy.. i mean who ever stole it from lucas arts is a DARING MOTHER HAHAbut i saw it 2 times in theates.. I LOVE IT..its a great movie..it hasent brokeing all ALL TIME movie making yet..but it will get there..i think titantic is at like 680,000 dollors.. and star wars epiosode 3 is only at 360,000BUT HEY its only been out for like wat 3 WEEKS HAHAHthats greati love when darth vader..is killing peeps on the lava planet.. and they show his face/eyes up close OMG THAT WAS SOO SICK!!!I Saw it opening day .. i waited 4 hours ... me and my friends camped out in front.. it was sick.. WE GOT GREAT MIDDLE SEATS>. we RAN in there it was so funnyand there was guys with lightsabres and beach balls going in the air..when it started and it did the lucas art symbol i WAS LIKE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and it did the signiture star wars beginning and stuff.. IT WAS ASOME!!!im only 16.. so iddint get to c the old ones in theatres.. and this was better then 1.2

Given that I'm in the Philippines too, there're pirated material everywhere you look. It's only about 100 pesos or roughly $2 to get the DVD. Of course, quality isn't great since the official DVD hasn't been released yet. It's just taken from the movie. In fact I saw a pirated movie once, and I even saw a man who stood up (you can see his silhouette (sorry if the spelling is wrong)) in the screen. That was hilarious. Anyway, I don't think it's an easy problem to fix, because it's found EVERYWHERE!I want to see the movie, but I think my dad will just buy a DVD for me, and we could borrow from my uncle's HUGE DVD collection when it come out. As for now, I content myself to watching "The Science of Star Wars" on Discovery Channel. :D Gotta love those gadgets!