xisto Community
ARNEL

Windows 2003 Server Iis & Website Setup Setting up website in windows 2003 server

you can for sure host a website. but you need to check out with your ISP whether they allow running a server

142559[/snapback]

try using dsl, then install xp or windows 2003 or windows 2000, then install XAMPP, then follow the instructions there... then you'll have your website, that runs on your own computer. be aware that the computer must be turned on and always online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

try using dsl, then install xp or windows 2003 or windows 2000, then install XAMPP, then follow the instructions there... then you'll have your website, that runs on your own computer. be aware that the computer must be turned on and always online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

142594[/snapback]

Thn KARLO I'm using dsl right now and installed 2003 server already, maybe I need that program XAMPP but where can I get that thing?

is there a service that creates short urls for ip adresssed like the ip address for your server on the computer? i saw it once but i forgot the site.

is there a service that creates short urls for ip adresssed like the ip address for your server on the computer? i saw it once but i forgot the site.

142774[/snapback]

Ok tnx, maybe I should install the XAMPP program and read the instructions there, I already have the documentations of windows 2003 but I havn't read the IIS setup yet, maybe it will help a lot. anyway if these don't work I will post the same topic again, I think I need to read first the documentations of windows 2003 server. Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it. : - )