xisto Community
psychiccyberfreak

Sony Clie Peg-ux50 Really cool

I just got my new sony clie PEG-UX50 and it is one heck of a handheld! It includes:
[+]wi-fi
[+]bluetooth
[+]built in camera
[+]memory stick drive
[+]addon slot
[+]landscape positioned screen
[+]built in keybord
It has a ton of included bundle software, and the nice thing is that If you download an mp3 off of a web site, you can just swich to the music player and listen to it without the computer!

The camera gives you pretty good quality for it's size, kinda like a high end webcam. IR port to beam stuff, layed out like a mini tablet PC, runs on palm OS 5.2, and a retractable stylus that is the size of any other pda stylus. Assignable buttons are great, especialy if you use a different web browser than they give you. The one problem is that it comes with nothing but a wrist strap, and the cradle, and cables, and charger. The worst thing is the batery life, and average 30 minuites for something like the camera. They have a detachable extended battery that you can buy, but it's pretty expensive. The bottom line is that if you really need something high end, get this, and the extended battery, or carry the charger everywhere you go. You need the cradle to charge it, but the USB cable goes into the handheld itself. I personally like it, but the battery could last longer.

unit's info page

that is a very good model, but im more of a wince fan, i use the HP iPAQ rx3700 mobile media edition and it has pretty much all those features except the built in keyboard. it has[+]WI-FI[+]Bluetooth[+]Built In 1.2mp camera[+]SD Slot (i have a 512mb card in there now)[+]Optional landscape screen mode with right/left hand ability[+]TV Remote[+]HP Mobile Media Software + all the goodies of windowsThe battery lasts up to 12 hours with the unit on but not doing anything, and about 4-6 hours with the camera and playing music at the same time, trust me ive tried both, lolthe only thing is it doesnt have the built in keyboard, something i really do miss from my previous pda.But as far as palm goes, urs and the palm treo 650 pda phone are my favs.

Actually, I started with an old casiopia E-25, a windows CE device. I liked it, but somehow for me it was lacking. I coulden't find another PDA suited for me, untill I layed my eyes on this one. It was expensive, but I got it off ebay for like $330 and it came with a nice case, it was my dream come true. It didn't come with the drivers CD though :lol: so I bought a spare one, and now my system was set up. This is a very reliable PDA for me so far. Sometimes it takes a long time to respond or prosess sometimes. It's pretty good.

Two years ago when I was considering whether to buy a Palm or a PPC, I looked at many of Sony?s products. However, I chose PPC finally, since the (pirated?) software support was better. I played Age of Empire and Simcity 2000 on my PPC and I amazed all my friends then. But then the problems of PPC gradually emerged. Because it was using Intel?s ARM processor, the battery usage is huge. It went out in 2 hours under full loading (say, playing AOE) and I have lost my data four times due to battery reasons. The must hateful thing about PPC is the stupid ActiveSYNC, in which the partnership system simply creates such a hassle when reinstalling. After the honeymoon with my PPC, my PPC is now only an advanced electronic digital organizer of the millennium, which probably weighs heavier then the Old Stone Age one.

Actually, I started with an old casiopia E-25, a windows CE device. I liked it, but somehow for me it was lacking. I coulden't find another PDA suited for me, untill I layed my eyes on this one. It was expensive, but I got it off ebay for like $330 and it came with a nice case, it was my dream come true. It didn't come with the drivers CD though :lol: so I bought a spare one, and now my system was set up. This is a very reliable PDA for me so far. Sometimes it takes a long time to respond or prosess sometimes. It's pretty good.

143464[/snapback]

well that is an old model, since then there have been soo many improvements, its like comparing win98 to winxp...

I Just downloaded episodes of invader zim, and transfered them to my clie, and now I watch tv at school, it's freaking awsome. so now all I need is a few 3d games and a video recorder thing and a backup batery, and I'm all set. The flash player is pretty crappy, I cant play anthing more then 2 megs (ram space) so you know, it's ok. It's still pretty cool for a little palm pilot.

actually, widnows 98 was robably microsoft's finest creation. Windows XP is full of bugs and holes, but 98 worked like a charm (for me, anyway) I just didn't like that retro-style look.

143651[/snapback]

windows 98 has more security loopholes than xp when it comes to hacking, well from what ive seen anyway, it is even easier to hack the windows password on it.

And i have a 512mb card on my iPAQ and i use that to play some dvds, music videos, etc, its awesome, i love that thing, like i walked into mt dora and got on a wifi spot and started downloading music videos from a park bench!

there's a neat accessory that sony makes for the memory stick and you hook it up to your TV, put in your memory stick, and you can record anything on your TV. Movies, you playing video games, whatever, and just snap it into my clie, and BAM! anything I want. I just need to save up for it though... :rolleyes: