xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Florisjuh

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

I was shocked yesterday when I read about the new game being developed at slapshdamage, called "Enemy Territory: Quake Wars". Future based combat, 40 vehicles from both humans and extra terastials, class system based on Rctw: Enemy Territory, using the doom 3 engine, inside the Quake universe... :lol: Quake meets Doom 3 and doom 3 meats Wolfenstein Enemy Territory :\

Check out the unique (And only avaible) screen shot at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Santa Monica, CA  May 16, 2005  id Software and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) today announced the development of ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARSÂ. Developed by Splash Damage and built on id SoftwareÂs new MegaTexture rendering technology, ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS pits the armies of Earth against the invading alien Strogg in the ultimate online strategic shooter. Featuring strategic team play, persistent character promotions, day and nighttime combat missions, and the universeÂs most powerful weapons and vehicles, ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS transports players to the front lines of an epic new war for Earth.
For those of you lucky enough to be visiting E3 this year, you can watch the announcement trailer at the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars stand in the Activison area. It will not be hard to find - look out for the huge black Strogg artillery gun!

You can see the first ever screenshot here and click here for the full press release.

To chat to others about our big new announcement, visit our forums! There's also a big thread on

I play enemy Territory almost every day, I think im addicted! :(I saw it a few days ago on IGN, I cant wait! Looks at the graphics! id Software created a new graphics engine I believe... Wonder if this one will be free :lol: Doubt it, but i dont care, ill get it no matter what!

I play enemy Territory almost every day, I think im addicted! :(

I saw it a few days ago on IGN, I cant wait! Looks at the graphics! id Software created a new graphics engine I believe... Wonder if this one will be free :( Doubt it, but i dont care, ill get it no matter what!

142388[/snapback]

No, sorry but from what I heard it wont be free :D It uses the Doom 3 engine (As I said in my post) but with iD's MegaTexture engine built into it, for fast and beautifull rendering of graphics... :lol: