xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Peaktao

Don't Know Where To Put This...so I'll Put It Here.

ok... when the entertainment board say "no post count", does that mean no "credit" count as well? I think it wasn't like this. Can anyone explain, please? i normally find it difficult to find anything to contribute to the board to keep my credit because i'm not a computer geek to post about internet/google whatever... and music board or movies would help me greatly. Today i post twice on the entertainment board and nothing happened. Do i understand correctly that "post count" and "credit" are not the same thing?

post-count = number of post required for you to ask for webhosting/upgrade

credit = how long you can keep your hosting

Isn't this right?

ok... when the entertainment board say "no post count", does that mean no "credit" count as well? I think it wasn't like this. Can anyone explain, please? i normally find it difficult to find anything to contribute to the board to keep my credit because i'm not a computer geek to post about internet/google whatever... and music board or movies would help me greatly. Today i post twice on the entertainment board and nothing happened. Do i understand correctly that "post count" and "credit" are not the same thing? post-count = number of post required for you to ask for webhosting/upgradecredit = how long you can keep your hostingIsn't this right?regards

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Do not double post! I am merging your two topics. This is the only verbal warning you will see. If you feel that you want to edit your post, click on REPORT under your posting thread and write to us in detail.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

That was my understanding of it... I'm not very tech-savvy myself... most of the stuff I read on these boards goes right over my head.

There are some boards that do have some nice content on that everyone should be able to reply to. (I think these do count towards your credits as well):

- What is? (Some of these are techy, but there's a lot that aren't as well.)
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/170-what-is/

- Gaming (There is tons of subforums all about gaming... if you are into that sort of thing. I'm not all that knowledgeable when it comes to that sort of thing lol...)
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/157-the-gaming-zone-7gearscom/

- Creativity (If you are creative and like to share your poems or songs or anything like that, this is the place to do it. Or you can reply to other people's creations!)
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/131-art-creativity/

- General Talk (Nice range of stuff to talk about in here)
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/15-general-talk/

Like I said, I *think* all those places count towards credits, but I'm not positive. If you want to make sure for certain, just leave a post, and then check to see if your credits went up at all.

Best of luck to you :lol:

I'm not an admin or mod, so I would like to see them weigh in on this. Post count is the thing you see on the side below your name, that is the number of posts you make, and I believe that even in the no post count forms it is still counted. Credit it the think that uses a math formula based on the number of words, existance of things like quote boxes, and the actual forum you are in to determin a number and append it to the existing. Now when you first came here you had to get credits to get hosting either 10 or 30, and as soon as you got hosting the counter at the top of the page changed from hosting credits, to number of days you can stay active. In the no post count forums I believe that the credit is not counted, so you can in theory post forever in there and the most increse in points you get will be the result of an error!
Where I came from you had to get 50 posts, and count was turned off in lounges, and in a special forum called SPAM, a place where you could play games, things like My number is one, now you would post 2, then 3, and so on. You can see why you wouldn't want to see people getting credit for something like that :lol: . Now I do aggree with you about the forums, although only partily, you say more general topics like music. I would like more specific topics, for example in the graphics forum there are two sub topics, fireworks, and photoshop, well what about paint shop pro, GIMP, Blender, 3D Max, where could I post about these things?
so to sum up:

when the entertainment board say "no post count", does that mean no "credit" count as well?

Yes I believe so :(

I am new as a mod, but NO POST COUNT means the post made to that section will not be counted towards your hosting credit. However, the number of posts will reflect accordingly. The blue bar under your name is the level you are in proportion to number of postings you have made. I tried to find the exact answer but I wasn't able to find it. I'll post it again when I do find it. But for now, it's something like this:

1~30 posts = level 1

31~50 posts = level 2

etc... I will either give you the link or correct this listing

As you gain your level, the amount of earned hosting credit is harder and harder. This encourages everyone, especially veteran members, to contribute more than just, "dude that was cool!" one liner. :lol: For example, when you were at level 1 a post of one paragraph would have earned you 7 hosting credits. At level 2, it may only earn 3 credits, and so on.

Whoever came up with this calculation was genius! :(

ok... when the entertainment board say "no post count", does that mean no "credit" count as well? I think it wasn't like this.  Can anyone explain, please? i normally find it difficult to find anything to contribute to the board to keep my credit because i'm not a computer geek to post about internet/google whatever... and music board or movies would help me greatly. Today i post twice on the entertainment board and nothing happened. Do i understand correctly that "post count" and "credit" are not the same thing?

post-count = number of post required for you to ask for webhosting/upgrade

credit = how long you can keep your hosting

Isn't this right?

141726[/snapback]

Sorry for not trying to read what you have said, but it was too long and i'm trying just to get my free hosting...\

Ok, I hpoe I havent afended you?

Thanks

Notice from NilsC:
This is the kind of junk that will get a denied when asking for hosting. Don't bother applying again