xisto Community

everyone's probably read this book. what's your opinions. The US (and other countries) are turning into something like the world in 1984. yeauh. I was watching Daily Show a few days ago on comedy central, where one of the "correspondents" was talking to some public relations type guy about making things sound better. He was saying all these bad phrases that a company or whatever may be accused of and the guy was saying the near opposite to make it sound good. At the end the "correspondent" said the word "Orwellian" and the guy just stared at him. It's the the concept "doublethink" in 1984. :lol: yup. everyone read it if u didnt already.

everyone's probably read this book.  what's your opinions. The US (and other countries) are turning into something like the world in 1984.

yeauh. I was watching Daily Show a few days ago on comedy central, where one of the "correspondents" was talking to some public relations type guy about making things sound better. He was saying all these bad phrases that a company or whatever may be accused of and the guy was saying the near opposite to make it sound good. At the end the "correspondent" said the word "Orwellian" and the guy just stared at him. It's the the concept "doublethink" in 1984. :lol:

yup. everyone read it if u didnt already.

141235[/snapback]

Well, it's definitely a creepy story, in my opinion. The worst part is how the main character grows to not just respect or fear "The Man" (if you will), but that he loves him. *shudders* I also recommend reading "Brave New World" for another creepy science fiction story--that connects with the rich and some of the children problems I see now.

Well, it's definitely a creepy story, in my opinion.  The worst part is how the main character grows to not just respect or fear "The Man" (if you will), but that he loves him. *shudders*  I also recommend reading "Brave New World" for another creepy science fiction story--that connects with the rich and some of the children problems I see now.

141428[/snapback]

yesh. ill check brave new world out homie

yeah, these two are classics :lol:If you ever walked through London (or probably any other British city), you might have noticed all these cameras on the walls, the "Closed Circuit TV"-system. Most of the people I've been to London with did not feel that these cameras might be something one should be afraid of but I thought it's scary if there's someone who can trace all your way from the hotel through the city and back.Nowadays there's just an endless tape running on the other side of these cams and everything's untraceable after a day or something but what will happen if there's a high-end computer running some expensive face recognition software? I'm always open for new developments but something like this is nothing a sane person would do.Anyway, something to make the CCTV-system look better: On our second day in London, Lena's backpack was stolen in a subway station. Half an hour later some cop returned it to her...... Orwell was a little bit mistaken with the time but it's a pity that many people read this book but not many recognize that orwell's world is not too far away from what we live in ... 2030 is my guess :/

yeah, these two are classics :lol:

If you ever walked through London (or probably any other British city), you might have noticed all these cameras on the walls, the "Closed Circuit TV"-system. Most of the people I've been to London with did not feel that these cameras might be something one should be afraid of but I thought it's scary if there's someone who can trace all your way from the hotel through the city and back.

Nowadays there's just an endless tape running on the other side of these cams and everything's untraceable after a day or something but what will happen if there's a high-end computer running some expensive face recognition software? I'm always open for new developments but something like this is nothing a sane person would do.

Anyway, something to make the CCTV-system look better: On our second day in London, Lena's backpack was stolen in a subway station. Half an hour later some cop returned it to her...

... Orwell was a little bit mistaken with the time but it's a pity that many people read this book but not many recognize that orwell's world is not too far away from what we live in ... 2030 is my guess :/

142695[/snapback]

I've never been to anywhere in Britain. I guess they have more cameras than over in dah US?

lets hope we're not dead by 2030. Someone will probably start a nuclear war for no reason and get everyone killed. Besides, it's obvious that Bush's plan is to try to "create" the rapture. I don't believe in that, but he's trying to end the world. Of course, while he's ending the world, he lets his rich buddies take over the country.(and other countries too. :( )

check out this very weird rapture site, by the way:

http://www.raptureready.com/ . what the hell are they trying to prove with their timeline central? That all these events are causing the world to end? Abortion is causing the rapture!? scary stuff.