xisto Community
Reduced Logic

Soldier Kind of dark peom

Dropped your sword into the dustWhere your crumpled standard layForgot you were in a war,Or perhaps just ignored the decayBlood covers the ground?It is only the dew?Quench your thirst in your own deathThis blood comes from youYour busy hands toilWith white daisies stained redTo chain a garland Empty magnificence about your headRelish these days of ignoranceYou self-smitten prisonerYour days are numberedYet you declare yourself a victorI snickerMy arsenal is of no useYour crowning glory Has become your own noose

Oh gosh, now I can't spell the word "poem". What is the world coming to?!? lol.

140980[/snapback]

*deep long sigh...*

If spelling was the only thing that kept this world in its place, I would have destroyed the planet long, long time ago. I cannot recall how many times I pressed F7 button on my keyboard (using MS Word). I've gone though 3 keyboards just to replace the F7 key.

I envy you. I am not a poet. I can't even contemplate on being a poet or start thinking about what to write. I am just a chatter box with empty words. Nice imagery! I enjoyed the (what I take) dual imagery--the agony and victory as a soldier of a battle field, and the strife of a "soldier" in this modern world fighting to stay at even with the time.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Ha, ha, I should have pressed that F7 one last time. Checking my spelling as well.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)