xisto Community
M.A.S.T.E.R.

Mysql Dsn? Need help from someone with MySQL knowledge.

Well, I have another free host thing that will gie you unlimited space for a forum.And you get ftp access, all that. But the thing that bothers me is it costs $2.50 to get ONE MySQL Database. So, I want to link the data base to here in PhPbb, does any one know what the DSN would be for my koc.trap17.com? I really need some help with it thanks! :P

hey!

DNS comes from Domain Name System, an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name http://www.example.com/ might translate to 198.105.232.4.

The DNS system is, in fact, its own network. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.

more info here:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/dns.htm

Next time you can just google it :(

MySQL are databases that keep for exemple users registrations and another stuff :P there are no mySQL DNS and i think its not possible linking a MySQL database from another host..

although i don't know what's the dsn mean..i will give the suggestion of myself the same.just google for a " free mysql database "there will be a lot\ of in the webbut if you use the Xisto's , i'm not sure if you will be suspended , then however,if you got a better host of unlimited why there haz the limited of mysql.haha. it's unlimited space then,just get another mysql free on google it.because anyway you used the mysql on Xisto's freewebhost, you need credit on forum. it's my opinion.best wishes.