xisto Community
john_meikle

Virus, Help !

Well first of all ive got a virus, something to do with Java or something like that every time I scan it with AVG Free Edition it does not delete it, I dont know if its a major virus but it might of had it for a while, and that virus may of deleted my bookmarks :( So can I get some help on removal details.Virus Names: Java/Openstream and another one the sameFile Names : InstallerApplet.class and javainstaller.jar-3c93670-3b40cbfc.zipLoacation: C:\Documents and Settings\-------\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javapi\v1.0\jar\javainstaller.jar-3c93670-3b40cbfc.zipandC:\Documents and Settings\-------\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\javapi\v1.0\jar\javainstaller.jar-3c93670-3b40cbfc.zip:\javainstaller\InstallerApplet.classWHO CAN HELP ME ! And I dont know if this virus is serious :P Im gonna kill myself.... Arhhhhhhh..... :( Please Help Me

I just did a Google search for this and it sounds like it might be spyware, not a virus.What you could do to try and get rid of it is to reboot your computer into safe mode, run a scan with AVG again and then see if you can delete the files while your in safe mode.If that doesn't work, another option would be to locate the files on your computer and manually delete them yourself. Hope this helps!

It Doesnt get picked up by my Anti Spyware/Adware program ive got Ad-Aware SE Personal and Microsoft Antivirus and Zone Alarm Personal Firewall and AVG so i sounded quite protected :S lolBut ill give it a shot :P

I had the same problem, If I tried to delet it manually, it comes back, so I used Ad-Aware, And Spy Ware Search And Destroy, I moved the virus to a vault so its not bothering me, as FuChelle said its a spyware, I think the same so if you want to dedelte it get AVG Professional or Spy Ware Search and Destroy. Hope that helps you :P

i use Kaspersky Personal Pro 5. i think if i get .class warning, it define as worm or something... and KPP do a good job.. :lol: