xisto Community
vstxyghosts

Protect My Website they are stealing it ???????..??

hi all guys

now days many pepole are stealing topics , articles and pictures from other on the web :P ....

so do you think i can protect my website ..

you will say put a code to prevent right click it is a bad idea i think ... coz there is a print screen button .

so why we alll write this sentence and what it mean and can any one right it

" all rights recived "

and also how can i protect my logo from stealing it

alll that things i want to know ,

hey all guys discuss with us this big proplem

i hate stealing my pics :(

well the best way for images not to be copied is but your name in a courner of the image which would prevent people from downloaded it without your permission.

well the best way for images not to be copied is but your name in a courner of the image which would prevent people from downloaded it without your permission.

140407[/snapback]

Yes a water-mark is the only possibility. That will force a visitor to edit the image with Photoshop/Gimp and remove it. Normally it will be difficult for him to recover the orginal aspect of the picture. Disabling the right-click will make more difficult the downloading but a visitor can always prints his screen as you said. Another thing that you can do appart from the water-marks is doing the images brighter and smaller. The will load quicklier and the vistior may desit to download them.

About the logo i guess you can register it as yours, if nowbody already did it :-). I have no idea how and where can you do that. If somebody register a logo or knows the process it will be nice to hear about it.

You could turn it into a flash,Most people are too dumb and dont know what to do.Most html protecting software comes with image protecting tools.Try 'HTML Protector', Just google it because i forgot the company.

People can still put your images on their site regardless of whether there is a watermark on it or not - the watermark is there for others to know who it originally belongs to.I guess putting a watermark on your image is good enough - better than making it flash because people can just print screen the flash image, crop what they don't need, and upload it to their site.Also, you can get an official copyright for your site (I think it's 75 USD to register), and if someone copies your site, you can get an infringement lawsuit and actually win some money.

there are MANY ways to protect your images: Hotlink protection,

Other ways rather than 'no right click' is 'no highlight text'
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noselect.htm

You can also put a simple copyright text on your page, so if you do find someone using your content, you can take action

Š 2005 SITE NAME. All rights reserved.

Hope this helps,
Craig.

You can also put a simple copyright text on your page, so if you do find someone using your content, you can take action

140438[/snapback]

Acually by putting that on your page copyrights it, You have to accually get a site that will do it like what Snlildude87 said.

Thanks

well things will always be stealed i guarantee that nothing cant ever be stolen some people can view a page's source and look at image links and so on. But its best to protect the most you can in any way

You could turn it into a flash,

Most people are too dumb and dont know what to do.

Most html protecting software comes with image protecting tools.

Try 'HTML Protector', Just google it because i forgot the company.

140415[/snapback]

I agree, most people are too dumb to copy a flash. I know I wouldn't bother with stealing a flash. (or stealing other for a face... LAWSUITS SCARE ME) ... And even if you were smart enough to steal a flash, you'd have enough talent to make something better.

I tried stealing a layout before. It's much easier doing something the honest way. And Im not talking karma.

opps guys i dont imagine all that replay but you realy helped me ... and thank you a lot i get many tips from you all guys but no one answer that question :-can any body write all right recivedand the msg do the same effect on all .. :P i hope you understand meee thanks again :( plz any one have more there is a place to replay :(

can any body writeall right recived

Well, I think you just answered your own question, you just did! :P Though you may want to spell it right.

All Rights Reserved

Of corse anyone can right it, that's what freedom of the press and free speach means, but when you wirte it it just might no mean anything!

I know that in many countries simply creating it is enough for copyright, for example if I were to create a poem and post in this forum, that poem is copyright to me, and there ain't nothing you can do about it, I wrote it, and unless I give you copyrights to it, it is still mine. Does that mean you can't take it and use it? In most cases no, you can still use it, just not as your own work (that's plagerism), and not to make money, you need the authors permission. SO you might ask if just making it gives you the copyright, then why does a company like microsoft pay lawyers to copyright their software? Because microsoft isn't the creator, it the hard working programers at microsoft, and the lawyers act as the indermedator that takes to copyright from the coders, and gives it to the company as a whole.
Why might you pay for copyright as snlildude87 said? Because simply saying copyright doesn't give you any proof, If you were taken to court, you might be able to proove that you made it, or you might not! In the instance of a flash file for example, simply having the source with all the code, is probably enough! But say you didn't have the source any more, for any reason. If you bought a copyright that alone is proof enough, you gave proof of ownership at the time of purchacing, and as such don't need any other.

That being said, copyright is a very fuzzy area, take a look at the music industry, as an example, they clearly have ownership of the music (or represent the person who does) and yet still keep getting beaten down in court.

hey i understand you well .... i get from you many thx for that discustion i will give you 1 reputition hope to be friendstry to recognize my singture and avatar so all you guys again i have to say that it was a very usefull topic but we must go one coz it is a very dangerous proplem we must all solve it together so can any one write to me the code of preventing right click {i know that will not prevent my website but it can do somthing :( } keep on posting in this topic guys coz i need all your support coz i am desinging excellent website that supports many info iam affraid to be stolen from me ........ and i hate that :( continue the topic plzzzzz :P

I know one exists at dynamicdrive.com try look und the one about user control.Just a word of warning, there is a firefox plugin that removes the block website control.

Unless your site is for commercial purposes and someone else using your content is harming your business, you really are wasting your time setting watermarks on all your images or trying to prevent people from right-clicking or viewing your source code. I mean: what's the point? Does it really matter that much? In 99.99% of the cases, you'll never know anyway so all you're really doing is wasting time & energy worrying about something that at the end of the day, if someone is really determined, they'll find a way around. Better off spending time actually putting useful, interesting content on your site or making it as aesthetically pleasing/user friendly as you can instead.