xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonic

Google Hacked?

Google is believed to be down because it got "hacked" on saturday and none of it's services were running, that includes adword, search and gmail. When ever someone tried to log on google, the browser redirects to SoGoSearch.com. Well I didnt knowtice that and didnt know until I heard it in the news....do you think it got hacked or is it just a DNS problem?

Google is believed to be down because it got "hacked" on saturday and none of it's services were running, that includes adword, search and gmail.  When ever someone tried to log on google, the browser redirects to SoGoSearch.com.  Well I didnt knowtice that and didnt know until I heard it in the news....do you think it got hacked or is it just a DNS problem?

139543[/snapback]

Well, it must be one of those weird things happen sometimes in the web/network/your_own_pc!

I have been using all the services of google you have mentioned in your post, including GMAil, Search and AdSense/AdSearch!

I had no problem whatsoever with any of those, except for brief delays/non-opening of GMail site occassionally. GMail is anyway in beta testing phase, so it isn't unusual...

Did anyone else experience this?

i used google last saturday midnight. i used google search and gmail, and everything worked fine

they may write something in their blog, i'll check it...

well, last GoogleBlog update is about Google Mobile, and that was on friday (5/6/2005 11:23:00 AM), so they haven't blogged anything about that

Google hacked ?!! :( Well i don't think so, aldo i believe that it can be done ( by some really professional hackers :( ) ...microsoft and yahoo got hacked ( at least once ), my guess is you got something messed up in your connection :( ...happy to see that everything is ok now :(

Google is believed to be down because it got "hacked" on saturday and none of it's services were running, that includes adword, search and gmail.  When ever someone tried to log on google, the browser redirects to SoGoSearch.com.  Well I didnt knowtice that and didnt know until I heard it in the news....do you think it got hacked or is it just a DNS problem?

139543[/snapback]

There are many ways someone could accomplish this without hacking google, it is more likely that a virus replaced the hosts file and pointed google to sogosearch.com's ip address instead. Not a very difficult trick, and it can throw a wrench into the works. You say you heard it on the news? What network? I would be interested in finding out more about this piece of news.

No Google was not hacked. They encountered some DNS issues which is probably why the other search page was shown. Most likely an ip address was messed up in the DNS and it just so happened to point to that site.