xisto Community
alperuzi

Duke Nukem gets Physics Engine DNF will include the Meqon Physics Engin

27th of September, 2004
Meqon is glad to announce that 3DRealms have decided to buy our Meqon Game Dynamics SDK for their upcoming title Duke Nukem Forever.

Meqons product strategy has always been to create the most easy to use and flexible physics engine on the market, but without compromising the computational speed. George Broussard, CEO of 3DRealms comments We evaluated several physics SDK's and Meqon was really fast, had the cleanest interface and integrated into our game very quickly.

The Meqon Game Dynamics SDK does not only handle basic rigid body simulation but also contain highly advanced character and vehicle modules. Mr Broussard comments With its advanced feature set, we feel confident that Meqon's next generation physics engine can help us create the next generation of action games.

The legendary game taking forever just got a new physics engine. Meqon seems to be pretty good, if you go to their website and download the demos, you can see for yourself.

It is getting close to release, I can feel it!

Man, they need to stop screwing around with engines and make the damn game. They have altered engines repeatedly and each time some new tech arrises they switch to it meaning they have to start all over with character modelling and levels.This of course takes a lot of time on limited staff. At this rate I'm surprised they still have funding no matter how much I wanna play Duke Nukem again.

I really don't know how they earn money too, I guess it is from stuff like Duke for Gameboy, cell phones etc... and lets not forget the Max Payne series, they were like consultants for those two games.Oh and apparently the adaptation of this physics engine took them like 3 weeks, but now they are making additions to the game physics, because apparently meqon is much faster than the one they were using.