xisto Community
fre3

Www.fre3.co.uk Let me know what ya think

Nice; clean; easy on the eyes. Just what is required.

Design

Very neat and professional. I really like the design. There's just one thing though. The verticle borders that are slicing the content boxes with the navigation boxes look a little out of place. What I'm trying to imply is that the boxes would look as well off without those black lines (or borders in this case). I'd also suggest you to change the logo font to something else rather than the normal Arial font. Rest of the structures are pretty good.

Content

It seems that you've posted up your website as a portal which provides links to free sources over the web (which is very useful for people looking for stuff all around). I'd say you've done a nice job with that and adding content as it releases is a tough job, and you've done a neat job with that.

Overall, I'd rate your website a 7.5 out of 10.

I'd give it a 5/10 because it's not very user friendly. For instance, your footer at the bottom is not centered. Centering it would make it look more professional as it would match the rest of your site (your entire content box is centered).

Second, I see several typos on your site. Running this against a spell checker would quickly solve this problem.

Third, you use a lot of scripts made by other people on your site. An example of this is the guestbook. The design of your guestbook does not match your site at all (your site background is white, but the guestbook's background is white). Although it's good that your site is interactive, it would be more awesome if you designed the scripts yourself - that way, you will not have any ads on your scripts, and you can say that you made it. :(

Fourth, you could try to make your font a little bigger. I'm on 1024 * 768 (what most users use according to my statcounter), and it already looks quite small. Imagine what people on 1280 * 1024 would see.

Fifth, the images don't work: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Sixth, you can try making the links a different color because it's very hard to differentiate between the links and normal text.

That's it! :(

The design is pretty good. I'm assuming that this is not made using a CMS. Anyways, the layout is pretty good also. I liked how you aligned all of the different divisions of your website. Well done. The only problem I found was that the text is way too bright on the white background. I suggest just darkening the font. The content is decent. It's good to see that you have a lot of downloadable content which adds variety to your website. It gives the site a reputation of providing good resources and other miscellaneous things. It looks great. Good work. :(

Excellent! I think it is great. The one issue I had with the design is that the font is a little too light for me. The layout is great, very professional looking. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.How/where do you get the content? I'd love to create something similar.

Thanks everyone. I am going to change the font colour, fix the typos and im gunna learn how to make moy own scripts. Some of the conent on there is my own and soon it ALL will be but at the moment whilst i have very limited webspace i have content from all over the net. What kind of content you want and ill post here if you like? Cheers please keep reviewing, Karl

Wow! Thats actually really cool! I'm liking the images there, and mostly everything fits in well and goes together which is always good. Again, I don't like the hit counter, mainly because it flashes. I'd try a text only one at the bottom somewhere, in like blue or something.I've just noticed that some of the lines are broken up, you have about a 25px gap at the right hand edge of the design, so that the grey bar does not scroll right across.The text is a little small in some places as well, as I'm using 1280x1024 resolution...Get these sorted, and that design will be perfect!Hope this helps! Great work!- Vacant

hi. i saw your site. though it your graphics was really simple, i am astonished to see your site. it looks like some proffesional site. but i thought you could also use some more of the color blue. so that it wouldn't look so plain. and oh, i suggest that you could use other counter. it's colors doesn't match with your site. you could use a counter from okcounter.com cause it has so many counterdesigns you could choose from and it's free. you could also submit your own design of the counter. anyways, just some corrections and it will be all perfect. nice idea by the way to use that simpe neat and fabulous kind of layout.
anyways, i could really use some tips and suggestions also in my site. you can visit it at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ keep rockin.

Hi,I was the one that asked you about the content sources. I was basically trying to figure out if the content got there programatically or you had to go fetch it and then enter on your site. Seems like a lot of work to create all that content.

Thanks every1. I am going to get a new counter, make the site a little more colourful and bring in some new pages and lots of regular updates. Lady spanky i think your site look very profesional. I will get in touch with you regarding the message you left on my site. Thanks for the suggestions, Please keep them coming in. Cheers, Karl

its nice, and I like what content you have in it. It is a little unorganized, and bland.I would suggest:1) coloring up the logo and the template2) Make the links stand out (maybe roll-over effect? )Other then that, keep up the good work :lol: