xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
electriic ink

What Are Some Stupid Things You've Read?

Today whilst buying lunch, I went up to the school canteen and read what I could order. About 3rd on the list was Italian Pasta which nearly made me laugh.

What about you, have you ever read some stupid things?

hey, Italian Pasta sounds ok to me ... but guess what we had in school a couple of days ago: Vegetarian Meatballs [being no absolute vegetarian but interested in making trouble, I asked whether those meatballs are made from meat or made from vegetarian-compatible stuff. That girl who gave out the food couldn't tell me so I took them to be able to tell my vegetarian friends whether they could eat in school or not...]and, another funny thing I discovered in Google's image search quite a while ago: A picture of a road sign which read "Water on Road". Underneath this, there was an additional sign, reading "When Raining"...

the stupidest thing ive read was Entrance only, do not enter, lolother things were no smoking, no feeding the dinosaurs and no flash photography, loltheres more but i forgot it, but there are some stupid things out there.and i want the edit button back too. i dont like my spelling errors all the time.

When I was at a hospital once, there was a computer with step by step instructions on a sign above it, explaining how to tun it off. lol
I thought that was pretty silly. And what happens when someone wants to turn it on?

Another thing I read was on the back of a packet of blu-tack it said

Will stick to horizontal surfaces.

That's good because I just hate when posters slide off my horizontal wall... :(

Another stupid thing i read was the text:

[ This page has been intentionally left blank ]

on a piece of paper which it hadn't obviously :( Can't people when a page is blank it's meant to be?

We used to have an edit button? What happened?

The weirdest thing I've ever read was an article which said my country was at war with Iraq (we were dragged into it by a bigger country apparantly)

Sighs

-doesn't want to cause controversy or a debate-

You want stupid things huh? so okay.. i copied it from ebaumsworld.com. It it their collection of the hilarious headlines that was really printed on the newspapers. read it for yourself.. its really funny. and did i mentioned stupid?

1. Include Your Children When Baking Cookies
2. Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Experts Say

3. Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers

4. Drunks Get Nine Months in Violin Case

5. Iraqi Head Seeks Arms

6. Prostitutes Appeal to Pope

7. Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over

8. British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands

9. Teacher Strikes Idle Kids

10. Clinton Wins Budget; More Lies Ahead

11. Plane Too Close to Ground, Crash Probe Told

12. Miners Refuse to Work After Death

13. Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant

14. Stolen Painting Found by Tree

15. Two Sisters Reunited after 18 Years in Checkout Counter

16. War Dims Hope for Peace

17. If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While

18. Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide

19. Man Struck by Lightning Faces Battery Charge

20. New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group

21. Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Space

22. Kids Make Nutritious Snacks

23. Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half

24. Typhoon Rips through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead

Don't put in mouth to prevent from choking~ Warning on the package of a yo yo. Of course this isn't the only stupid thing I've read, here's another: Be careful of bad language in this mobile phone, let's keep our mobile manners.

20. New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group

LMAO, LMAO. That one is hilarious, Larger test group. HAHa.

Anyways. Some that I've read.

From the italian pasta, on a box of italian meatballs. Product of Canada. WTF.

Something my teacher said earlier today, "Kieth, remember to make a reminder for yourself ..........."

"The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell was pretty stupid in my opinion. It was a short story we had to read in our school literature books. The plot was good, but his wording is really bad, lol.

7. Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over

Was she hot? If so, I wish I was those Pandas...

Um..

A old HTML tutorial i read a while back said something like this-

HTML can NOT be used to handle form processes, to handle forms, you must use server-side scripting like CGI or PHP.

Here's how to handle forms in HTML....

- that's just slow.

well, i live in Uruguay (a country in South America), and here's there's a prison called "Libertad", that means "freedom". quite strange, isn't it?also, yesterday i went to a shoe shop that fix leather boots, and there was a cartel that said "dear costumers: from today, no fixes will be made if it isn't paid in advance at least partially", but it didn't have any date.

oh, i remembered something else but i can't edit my previous post. anyway, it doesn't count posts in this forum.a few years ago, i saw in an Argentinian TV channel called "Cronica TV" that it said in the headlines of the news: "due to a earthquake, two people and one Bolivian died". it's quite awful.