xisto Community
lamode

What Average Hosting Credits Per Post Do You Get? the higher level, the less credit?

What average hosting credits per post do you get?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi, i have noticed that i am in level 3 now and i get less host credit than i used to get. i remembe i used to get about 2 ~ 3 hosting credits per post, but i only get about 1 hosting credit per post, sometimes don't even 1 credit. anyone has the same feel with me?

hi, i have noticed that i am in level 3 now and i get less host credit than i used to get. i remembe i used to get about 2 ~ 3 hosting credits per post, but i only get about 1 hosting credit per post, sometimes don't even 1 credit. anyone has the same feel with me?

138032[/snapback]

You know funny thing is that when I had 3 blue blocks under my name, I was LEVEL 3. But recently I noticed that I have 4 blue blocks under my name and I am back to LEVEL 1. I have no idea what "LEVEL" represents. I should search for it or start a new thread. I have 4 blocks and getting the average credits I can remember. The long essay gave me 6 days once. A simple reply gave me 2 but the follow up posting gave me less than 1.

This is to update/edit my previous posting.

I found a thread that explains my LEVEL question at: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/21098-member-status-how-many-posts-do-you-have-to-have-to-be-an-x-member/

Thanks.

Notice from NilsC:
Merged posts per users request

You will gain more hosting credits for each post if your hosting credits are below 30. After 30 hosting credits you will gain around 1 hosting credits for a post of 300 or more characters, for a one liner you will gain less or even nothing.We are looking for quality posts with substance and we reward them by giving more hosting credits to longer posts. The drawback are when we find posts that are long and copied, because when we delete that post you lose 1 1/2 time the credits you gained from posting it. And if I find 2 or more posts like that from the same user I may give another -50 hosting credits for multiple offences and terminate hosting.Nils

I have not noticed that you get less posts as you post more. I don't think that its anything to complain about because you should just post whats on your mind. I personally have fun posting so its not really a big deal for me. Also, I get about one or more points per post.

I try to do a good job of elaberating what im wanting to say when im making my posts so i can get the optimul credits from it. I normaly average out around 3 and half credits, the largest i made was 7.33 when i did my introduction post. But generaly its around the 3s. I try not to stray to far off from what i origanaly meant to post when i do it, but you know how it goes, sometimes you can.

For me it also depends on the topic I post on, and on which server :( I tend to get more here than on Xisto. Mainly because on Xisto I have over 220 posts on my name, and over 190 credits. Thus I gain less credits per post (if I compare an Xisto post to a Xisto post I made OF THE SAME LENGTH) on Xisto than I do here. However, it strongely depends on the lenght of post as Nils said :D I actually don't pay attention to it much anymore. My goal was to get to 200 credits on Xisto. In a day or so I will get there, then I reset my goal to a year :( I make it a contest to myself. I have to admit, I do NOT post unles I have something to contribute or really want to have a say about it. This is actually a bad poll sorta, because it really does depend on how much credits you have already, how much posts you have, what your level of english is (I think the script also checks for repeating words, but I am not sure, if this is not the case that the level of english doesn't matter :()

On average, I usually get about less than one hosting credit per post (on a one or two liner post) unless I submit a composition or a detailed comment on recent news. If I just reply to someone else's topic then it's just to state my point of view rather than post for the credits. Same thing goes for the Introductions forum, too...since I like to introduce myself to other new members.

Hi all,Iv'e found NilsC's advice to be accurate. You get about 1 credit for each post you have thats above 300 characters (sometimes a little less). 300 characters is only about 3-5 good content sentences per post... so I think that's reasonable & fair. This post is about 304 characters long.RGPHNX

I only get between one to two credits per post. Sometimes, I just acknowledge somebody by saying "thanks" or "lol", an dI didn't think I get a credit for those posts.Sometimes, when I elaborate on what I am trying to say, my posts become more verbose.But since I am relatively new at a lot of this stuff, I have a LOT of questions, so I am not too worried about the post requirements. When my questions run out or posting becomes a chore, I will just buy my own space on a server.Sunkist

the more characters in the post the more credits, like for a tutorial i get about 5 credits, and for simple things like this i get about 1 credit.So basically the more text in the post, the more credits you get.

You will gain more hosting credits for each post if your hosting credits are below 30. After 30 hosting credits you will gain around 1 hosting credits for a post of 300 or more characters, for a one liner you will gain less or even nothing.

We are looking for quality posts with substance and we reward them by giving more hosting credits to longer posts. The drawback are when we find posts that are long and copied, because when we delete that post you lose 1 1/2 time the credits you gained from posting it. And if I find 2 or more posts like that from the same user I may give another -50 hosting credits for multiple offences and terminate hosting.

Nils

138082[/snapback]

i got about 23 hosting credit when i post this, there are 384 characters (no spaces) on the post, but i only get 0.88 hosting credits. is there something wrong with my account? can kindly you check for me please?

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/8975-name-a-place-you-are-most-scared-of-where-would-you-never-like-to-be/page-3#entry139358