xisto Community
Donegal

Mp3 Players? Creative Zen? Ipod? I river? O_O

Okay, I'm thinking of getting a nice little 40 gig Creative Zen for myself, how ever, I would like to know if there is any flaws? Does anyone here have one? I would get an iPod, but, I dont like the fact that ipods cant copy direct from a cd, plus, ipods cost a little bit more than creative zen's.. ?_?

I'd recommend getting an iRiver. If you don't mind carrying an extra ounce or so, the iRiver is a much better choice than the cliche iPod because the former is much more user friendly - or rather, the GUI is so much better than the iPod's. The iRiver has a color interface, and many more options such as recording, and storing data files, so besides being a music player, the iRiver can also be a storage medium. Get the iRiver. -_-

I'd suggest that you'd get an iPod, although it's the most expensive of the lot, the iPod doubles as a storgae device, and also has the best repuation for battery life and song quality. If you're going for cheaper prices, then i definetely recommend the iRiver.As for copying directly from CD's you can sure enough do that, (but i won't talk about that here in this post. *cough* :( - PM me for more details. )

IPod would be my First Choice. Here are some of the features for it

*  Keep up to 5,000 songs in your pocket    * Use it with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP    * Take it everywhere  it weighs only 5.6 ounces    * Find songs fast with the Apple Click Wheel    * Listen longer with up to 12 hours(2) of battery life    * Shuffle songs in the main menu    * Play MP3, AAC and Apple Lossless    * Jog without fear  25 minutes of skip protection    * Save multiple On-the-Go Playlists    * Adjust speed for Audiobooks    * Enjoy seamless integration with iTunes    * Sync and charge via included FireWire or USB 2.0 cables    * Use as a portable hard drive  take your files with you    * Remind yourself with Text Notes    * Play games on the go    * Keep appointments using the Alarm Clock/Sleep Timer    * Stay organized with contacts, calendars and to-do lists    * Benefit from more language support    * Record voice notes (with accessory)    * Store photos (with accessory)    * Choose from hundreds of cool accessories designed just for iPod

Now if you dont want that my Second Choice would be the Dell DJ

Depth: 0.74"  	Features: Up to 12 hours of continuous playback, Three-way scroll barrel, Pin-hole system reset  	Height: 4.0"  	Weight: 6.8 Oz  	Width: 2.5"  	Battery: 880 mAh Rechargeable (fixed) Lithium Polymer Battery  	Connector Type: 26-pin dock connector  	Dimensions (WxDxH): 2.5" x 0.74" x 4.0"  	Included Accessories: Earphones (Standard Dell Ear Buds)  	Product Type: MP3 Player  	Service / Support: 1-Year Advanced Exchange Service  	Software: Music Library Management: Music Match Jukebox version 9 (included), Windows Media Player 10 (supported); File Management: Dell DJ Explorer, Janus / MTP support (for WMP 10 environments)  	Supported Digital Audio Standards: MP3, WMA, WAV (IMA ADPCM, 8kHz Mono)  	Display Illumination: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) with blue back light, 1.92" (diagonal) active area at 160x104-pixel resolution  	Equalizer: 8 preset equalizers, 4-band user customizable equalizer  	Data Storage Capability: Up to 9900 songs (64 kbps WMA audio format) / Up to 9900 songs (128 kbps MP3 audio format) in 20 GB hard drive  	PC Interface Supported: USB 2.0

So it says that the Digital DJ can hold more songs than the IPod but over all the IPod is a better investment unless you dont want to pay 50 Bucks more.

And Honestly Who listens to 9900 Songs?

I have a Apple iPod with 2 gig memory and thats more than enough for songs and all .wmv files i can have ... i dont get why you people want to have 40GB iPods when you cant fill that kind of space with music or even if you do it you can't listen to all of the songs in a day .... so what's the point of having a pocket HDD....

I have other variant of MP3 Player :(
It's FWatch (other Brand Name of Xonix Watches with MP3 Player inside :( )
And i think it's cool :(

A High-quality water resistant sports WATCH Full-function advanced MP3 Player
Pop/rock/jazz/classic music digital audio effects
Sequence/repeat/random play options
A Digital Voice recorder with built in microphone
(36 hours recording)
A 512 MB USB flash drive stores up to 16 hours of music
LED Light Indicator
3D Stereo Sound
Delete track function
Built-in Rechargeable long life battery
Build-in USB charger
Power saving mode
Low battery indicator
Auto Power Off
Digital volume control
Firmware Upgrade
Adjustable strap
Sock proof and static proof

And Specifications: XW-MP512

Dimensions/Size: 1.5-inch. diameter face
ˇ Playable formats MP3/WMA/ADPCM
ˇ USB 1.1 interface
ˇ Frequency range 20Hz ~ 20KHz
ˇ Battery charge time 2 hours
ˇ Listening time per battery charge approx. 9 hours
ˇ Music play time up to 16 hours (WMA or MP3)
ˇ Voice recording time 36 hours
ˇ S/N Ratio 90dB
ˇ Sampling frequency of voice recording 8KHz
ˇ Compression level 32Kbps ~ 320Kbps
ˇ Operating temperature -20°C to +70°C

Computer System Requirements:
ˇ Windows 98/2000/XP/SE
ˇ Mac OS X/0S 9
ˇ Available USB port
ˇ 64MB RAM or more
ˇ 20MB or more hard disk space
ˇ Pentium 166 MHz MMX or faster

Also take a look at link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

as for me i'm enjoying this MP3 player :(

I have iPod's 20GB player. It really doesn't matter what MP3 player I get just as long as I can listen to my songs through long drives. I purchased iPod simply because it was $169.99 at my local retail store as an open box item (item that was returned by a customer with some parts missing).One design factor that Apple should address is the definite POWER OFF button. I know you can hold down the play/pause button for few seconds and it shuts itself off. However, when I make frequent trips and have to get in and out of the car it makes it difficult to remember to turn it off. A small 'off' button should be placed somewhere at the top, near the headphone jack.

To be honest for me it doesnt matter how much memory my mp3 player really has.... it would be cool with me if i had a 1GB one for 80 dollars... i dont get why u ppl think ur cool when u have iPOD's with the size of pocket PC's and with the same memory.. (No intention to make u cry :( just my oppinion )

Space could matter depending on the range of music you listen too :( but reall all an mp3 player needs to do is work, a screen is good though as most have a screen :(:(~ Munchie ~

I've got my good old Sony MD Player, its got better sound quality than all those MP3 players. And those are the words coming from a Pro in music who used to own an MD player and swtiched to a Zen 30GB. Now there are HiMD players with disks multiple times bigger and better quality... although those iPods with their fancy looks have got everyone else's work cut out for them.