xisto Community
Vacant

External Css For The Forums?

Ok, now before I start i realise I do not know much about forums or a free hosting company. However, it has come to my attention that the forums don't run that quickly compared to other sites. This is especially noticable on 56k connections, and gets quite frustrating when you're trying to post. Looking at your source code, I can see there are approximately 2100 lines of code per page. I know this is server-side generated, but 1360 of those lines are an internal css <style> tag that is present in every document.Why not, then, just have this as a 1 line link to an external file, meaning that we dont have to load the CSS up every time we view a page? Surely this would speed up the forums for people on slow connections.Just a thought!- Vacant.

Listen, Everyone uses Broadband today.OK, I got 2mb in 6 secs.OK, And yes it would be easier, Go do summit. Re-write the whole script.Thanks,FFC Webmaster,Asad Haider.

Listen, Everyone uses Broadband today.

137255[/snapback]

Umm, no. More than 50% of the people in the world still use 56K - believe or not, there are many third world countries out there. I'd give you the proof, but I lost the URL to the article...

Listen, Everyone uses Broadband today.

137255[/snapback]

You are really wrong. A lot of people uses small conection and the speed connection will be a limitation for a long, long time.

Moreover, it is really stupid to increase the bandwith (Remind that you pay for it) without need. Also, Nowadays the client's machines are almost of the same power than the server's machines. So it does not make sense to have a server processing a lot of http-request and generating redundant markup while the client does not make anything and just wait. A lot of people is moving into Remotescripting. For example, the php scripts return pure plain text and the GUI interface (XHTML markup) is produced based on that pure text with Javascript help.