xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
candicej

Help Importing Mysql Database Results Need help formatting link

I am having trouble formatting my table to display the results of a mySQL query the way I want.

Here is the part of my code:

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM uploads WHERE Category='Drama'")or die(mysql_error()); ?><table cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2"><tr> <th>Title</th> <th>Author</th> <th>File</th></tr><?php// keeps getting the next row until there are no more to getwhile($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {//<!--Print out the contents of each row into a table-->echo "<tr><td>"; echo $row['Title'];echo "</td><td>";echo $row['Author'];echo "</td></tr>";echo $row['File'];echo "</td></tr>";}echo "</table>";

I want to make 'Title' show as a hyperlink to 'File' but am at a loss as to how to do this. I have tried all I know so any help is appreciated. I am very new to php and mySQL.

Thanks in advance,
C

The following should help.. though I have not tested it.. as I dont have php configured on my system...

echo "<tr><td><a href=\""; echo $row['File'];echo "\">"echo $row['Title'];echo "</a>"echo "</td><td>";echo $row['Author'];echo "</td></tr>";

Cheers.

You have an extra </tr> and are missing a <td>. The corrected code should be:

result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM uploads WHERE Category='Drama'")or die(mysql_error()); ?><table cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2"><tr> <th>Title</th> <th>Author</th> <th>File</th></tr><?php// keeps getting the next row until there are no more to getwhile($row = mysql_fetch_array( $result )) {//<!--Print out the contents of each row into a table-->echo "<tr><td>";echo $row['Title'];echo "</td><td>";echo $row['Author'];echo "</td><td>";echo $row['File'];echo "</td></tr>";}echo "</table>";