xisto Community
Chicken

Video Game Inspired 3d Renderings Armored Core Stuff

A few weeks back i got into a modeling kick. Some people on an Armored Core Forum were doing 3D images and needed some weapons so i tried my hand at modeling. Im not an expert by any means, but i was able to come up with this...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Kahnigit/HOPER.bmp

img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Kahnigit/HOPER2.bmp

img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Kahnigit/HOPER3.bmp

img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Kahnigit/hopel1.bmp

img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Kahnigit/hopelr2.bmp

img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Kahnigit/hopelr3.bmp

Good job, but it could use some texturing, and it's not very detailed...If I took about a half an hour in C4d, I could probably reproduce that easily...But nice try. I hope to see improvements.

Good job, but it could use some texturing, and it's not very detailed...If I took about a half an hour in C4d, I could probably reproduce that easily...

But nice try. I hope to see improvements.

136016[/snapback]

Yeah could do with more detail,

but the shape/main design of them is pretty good and could look very good if improved good luck in your further modelling -_-

p.s. Did you use C4D ??

p.s. Did you use C4D ??

136035[/snapback]

Ah no, actualy what i used was Chumbalumba Softs, MilkShape.

So far this has been the cheepest userfriendly 3D modeler i have found. It is relativly easy to work with. Instead of going through alot of commands to place a vertex, you just click and place, then you go to move, and move it across the x,y,z axees.

The general set up for it, is 4 windows, an above veiw, a side, and a front and a 3d, all of which can be altered if you want one to be a different veiw. It starts as a 30 day trial, and then you have to buy a registration key. Afterwards its your for ever.

Ah no, actualy what i used was Chumbalumba Softs, MilkShape.

So far this has been the cheepest userfriendly 3D modeler i have found. It is relativly easy to work with. Instead of going through alot of commands to place a vertex, you just click and place, then you go to move, and move it across the x,y,z axees.

The general set up for it, is 4 windows, an above veiw, a side, and a front and a 3d, all of which can be altered if you want one to be a different veiw. It starts as a 30 day trial, and then you have to buy a registration key. Afterwards its your for ever.

137109[/snapback]

Cinema 4D has all that.

Problem is, C4D is priced at nearly 2 grand USD. -_-

Cinema 4D has all that.

Problem is, C4D is priced at nearly 2 grand USD. -_-

137114[/snapback]

Yeah where as with this, its only 25 dollars, and you can use the key for the next upgrade, though im only using 1.6.6a and its on like 1.7.2b or something... I just havent gotten around to messing around with it, but then again thats just me...

Yeah where as with this, its only 25 dollars, and you can use the key for the next upgrade, though im only using 1.6.6a and its on like 1.7.2b or something... I just havent gotten around to messing around with it, but then again thats just me...

137318[/snapback]

Yupyup. I totally understand going with the cheaper one. I just happen to get all my stuff for free, so I tend to go for the more expensive ones. ^-^

Yupyup. I totally understand going with the cheaper one. I just happen to get all my stuff for free, so I tend to go for the more expensive ones. ^-^

137435[/snapback]

Normaly i would, but i just vary rarely use all of the extras... so thats why i use milkshape.... just a general preference, thats all...

Normaly i would, but i just vary rarely use all of the extras... so thats why i use milkshape.... just a general preference, thats all...

137445[/snapback]

Yup. To each his own. Milkshape is a cool name though. -_-