xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Damann

How Do I Install Dragonfly

extracting from where? cpanel? haven't tried that so i can't help you there. but you can try extracting the files in your local PC, then upload the files in their appropriate folders on the server after. -_- i'm pretty sure you have winzip in your PC to extract it... easier that way (at least for me, since i locally test my files offline first).

i see... -_- ftp still works best for me, instead of the file manager. anyway, have you tried setting up your dragonfly database, or does it need mysql DBs or just flat files? i suppose if it's a portal/forum (with infinite files which should take forever to upload individually :D), it would need a database, right? haven't heard of dragonfly b4 so i'm asking. :D

err i have no idea about anything you just said, as far as i know you just upload it then extract it but i think i screwed up my file manager cuz my comp crashed after i clicked refresh then i came back n the dragonfly folders dissapeared

Well, normally you go to cPanel, open up the file manager and then click on the NAME of the file and select extract. That should do the trick. I can't really see why it wouldn't work, unless the file permissions aren't set to execute for the owner...

moonwitch just said that extracting from file manager would work, so better follow his steps to successfully do your thing. -_- but running/setting up dragonfly is another matter. :Dbetter check inside your dragonfly.zip file first to see if there is any README file there. that usually tells how a script is to be setup properly. check also the file extensions inside. are the files in PHP? or ASP? Xisto does not support ASP as far as i know, so if it's in ASP, then you won't be able to use it in your Xisto hosting. PHP, yes. do some search also on "FTP" in the forums here, as that is what is used by most members here to upload files. :D and search "database" also, to brush up on some tips on setting one up. :D

In order to setup CPG Dragonfly CMS, the following prerequisites are necessary:- a web server (Apache prefered)- PHP 4.1 or higher (4.3.x prefered)- an SQL server (MySQL 4.x and PostgreSQL 7.3.x or later are supported)Setup of these required packages is beyond the scope of this document and ifyou are unsure you should check with each of the appropriate web sites forfurther detailsi found that does plan 1 have that? Create a new database, for example, 'dragonfly': mysqladmin create dragonflyis that createing a new folder? Nate i know you know this stuff come help me out lol