xisto Community
Binod Singh

Copy Protect Cd How

A Fool proof copy protection is not possible... I mean, even if you wanted to do that.. you really need special equipments. You will need such, if you are releasing your own software. Such copy protections are made possible by fooling your drive. They can burn out a track from the middle purposely.. So that while copying such CDs, there will be media error. However, those CD's work fine in CD Roms during Installation. Also, there can be a BAD sector or track induced purposely on the media so that the software checks it before starting.Otherwise, you can use softwares which can password protect the contents of the CD. Which I don't think is of any use. Because, once the password is known to someone, hecan always distribute your CD to others by giving it out.But no matter what you do, Softwares like ALCOHOL 120% can break through such things and will allow people to copy the contents. One can easily copy cds of playstation or other media using it. Also, Alchohol can easily copy CD's which are protected by various technologies like safedisc, Laserlock etc..

i m not sure about copying protected cds. if you are copying audio cds i can help just a lil bit. but you must copy song by song.download and instal Alive WMA MP3 recorder 2.0.6.9.you ll see a button "record from...".click it and turn on option "stereo mixer". play your song on WMP or Winamp and click record in Alive wma mp3 recorder. it will record song in mp3, or wma format. when you do that you can normally copy songs on cds.

If you REALLY want to copy protect and you're distributing your software, use somekind of web activation. But you'll lost the customer that doesn't have the internet. Never think about other(phone) activation because crackers can crack the software and generate a working code. Even with online activation, the program can be cracked directly and remove the need of activation. Nothing can be fully protected. (Except softwares that needs you to log in and get data from the server)

There is no realy such a thing as CD copy protection. All technology and algorthm applied in the market are not realy protectin but simply fooling software or OS that reads the disk. All of them are just software which could be easily fooled by cracking its source code.The only way for CD protection to work is for manufacturer of CD ROM to support such technology. But all CDROM today simply read CD whether it has copyright or not. If for example a CD Burner does not allow burning or copying of CD or even software that has copyright, then perhaps your CD or software can not be distributed illegaly :ph34r: but of course no one will buy such a CD burner :D

Is there any software or mechanism available which can protect my CD from being copied to another CDs.

135061[/snapback]

make the application/document on the cd search its own path, if it is on the same cd, then have it search a protection hidden file, this does not show up and you cant make it unhide it. This way, if someone tries to coppy it on another cd, it wont lauch.

make the application/document on the cd search its own path, if it is on the same cd, then have it search a protection hidden file, this does not show up and you cant make it unhide it.  This way, if someone tries to coppy it on another cd, it wont lauch.

191032[/snapback]

Hi QWERTY, sounds interesting but could you be a little bit more specific? like steb by step, couse im not sure exacly how to do all things you posted... thanks!

That would take about 3 milliseconds to bypass. Most people opt to have Explorer display hidden files rather than hide them. Apart from that, if the CD were copied, the hidden file would be copied as well.It is possible to write your own CD checks and implement a certain level of security. If you've ever heard of the 'two sheep' system, you may be able to use that to your advantage. There are also commercial options to prevent CD copying. But even those are not invulnerable, and if someone is determined enough, they are going to find ways to get around the copy protection.

What If,We curropt a file completely just leaving its "File start binary data on disk" We don't end the file, So there is no sector which actually marks it. and We can use the SEARCH file technique. This way, Any guy trying to copy that file will encounter a media error and practically speaking, that file should be skipped by the CD-Burning software. The copied disk will not have this file and activate the fail safe software which has been made to check for that file.

I'm looking for a special software that I can use to prevent my CD from illegal copy. Anyway, I would like to know the answer of the following question: Dell outlet is adivision of which company, is it: 1-outlets R US, to-Dell computers, 3-computers and stuff LTD. ? They've asked me to choose one of the three answers.-JIMMY

How to protect my cd or dvd

Copy Protect Cd

I'm looking for special software that can use to protect my cd or dvd.

Because I don't want some1 can copy my cd. And I want to know how to protect it too.

I'm waiting for the answer soon.

-reply by Theara

esecurity4all.com provides strongest non copyable CDs and DVDsCopy Protect Cd

Hello Friend,

Please visit http://www.esecurity4all.com/ for all your needs related to Non-Copyable CDs/ DVDs/ Websites.

They provide currently the strongest protection for CD/DVD protection.

Regards

Rahul