xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rainyliu

Does This Hosting Service Support Chinese?

I am planning on putting up a Chinese website when I earn enough credits. However, I am not sure whether this site supports Chinese or not. I formerly had a webpage on Anycities.com, which doesn't support CHinese contents so all of my Chinese characters came out like scribbles. Therefore, I want to make sure that this host will support chinese display before putting in the effort to make so may posts.Thanks~

You better contact the admin to be sure. btw I did not get what you mean by host supporting chinese.. Do you mean that they allow chinese sites???coz.. what I think is sites can be hosted anywhere but the system viewing them must have chinese or whatever language fonts....Do correct me if I am wrong.. does the server need any special feature to support languages other that English??Cheers.

Actually, when I uploaded my webpage at Anycities.com, all the chinese characters couldn't show up correctly....I did it in HTML so I don't know why it would be doing that other then that Anycities doesn't support CHinese for some reason~so just want to make sure this place doesn't have the same problem

We have users that are using chinese language on their sites, there is an option in cPanel to change it to simplified Chinese so I don't think you should have any problems hosting that.Nils

The good part about Xisto is that it does not limit the language you must use on your site. You are allowed to host chinese on the Xisto servers. If they still come out as scribbles or "亂碼 (luan ma)" as some people call it, it is because the encoding is not set correctly and it is a browser setting problem, not a hosting problem. I recommend you going to "view" and change the encoding to simplified or traditional big five chinese. As with cPanel, you can change it to any language to suit your needs. You can choose from simplified chinese and traditional. Of course, english is also an option. I hope this has helped, and if it doesn't, you can always contact me privately using the PM system on this forum, or posting a reply. Thank you.