xisto Community

hey... i have the free hosting account the one that required 10 credits to get... im just wondering if theres a way to upgrade this account? or would it require paying for an upgrade...just a general query, thanks for the support in advance... great service

Hi again outlawspirit,Just make enough posts to get ~ 30+ hosting credits... Then request an account upgrade from Xisto's admins. You should get the bigger site (bandwidth, storage etc.) rather quicklyRGPHNX

earn required credits for package upgrade by making quality posts. then you can request for an upgrade after, the same way you requested for package 1. :lol:

That proverbial mountain may not be so hard to climb if you make a good post every day. For one-liners, you'll probably won't get even 1 hosting credit. I went with package 1 for now, but if it turns out I'll need more space, I'll make a request for an upgrade. I'm close to 30 credits now, but I wonder if I'll have to start over again and build up to 30 plus credits again.

Hi All:Yea, that was my question too.Do you lose the number of days you can go without posting when you get to 30 and upgrade? I like having a nice cushion so I don't have to post everyday. Somedays, I just have nothing to say.But last night, I was looking at the photo selecters and it looks like I don't have enough space. So, now I am also debating climbing that mountain....

Hi again outlawspirit,

Just make enough posts to get ~ 30+ hosting credits... Then request an account upgrade from  Xisto's admins. You should get the bigger site (bandwidth, storage etc.) rather quickly

RGPHNX

132787[/snapback]

If hosting credits aren't the same as posts, how can I find out how many I have? I have over 100 posts, but got turned down for the upgrade. I only post serious questions or answers, with an occasional thank you, so I'm not sure what they want for hosting credits. Now I'm concerned about losing my site. I just put all of my message boards, here. Are my posts not good enough to keep my site active, either? :lol:

Hi fun4themoney,
regarding your question...

If hosting credits aren't the same as posts, how can I find out how many I have? I have over 100 posts, but got turned down for the upgrade. I only post serious questions or answers, with an occasional thank you, so I'm not sure what they want for hosting credits. Now I'm concerned about losing my site. I just put all of my message boards, here. Are my posts not good enough to keep my site active, either?

Your "hosting credits" are based on a formula (ie. algorythm) which counts the number of words in each post. Only the admins know exactly how many "hosting credits" you get for each post you make. Experience has shown me that it's something like 300 characters ~ 1/2 hosting credit... but it varies some.. so don't quote me on that. If you want to know exactly what each post gets you in hosting credits... Do this..
1) Click on "Free Web Hosting" on any forum page & look at your hosting credits.
Your hosting credits = "number of days" (write it down).
2) Go make a post... then Click on "Check Post Length" .. which is to the left of your post window... to check the # of characters in your post. (write it down).
3) Click "Add reply" to submit your post to the forum.
4) Click on "Free Web Hosting" again on any forum page & look at your hosting credits.. they should have increased by a certain amount.
5) Do some basic math .. to find out how many words get you 1 full "hosting credit"
Hope this Helps,
RGPHNX
ps- THIS POST IS 1600 CHARACTERS so far..
ppS- YOU DON'T GET CREDIT FOR QUOTES you insert in your post.

Thanks for the detailed answer. It sounds like a very fair system. I'm relieved to know I can "bank" some credits for when I get buried in a project and can't get over here to post anything.I have sort of a longish post to put up about ODP, so this will be a good test. I'll try it out right now.Suz

Thanks for the detailed answer. It sounds like a very fair system. I'm relieved to know I can "bank" some credits for when I get buried in a project and can't get over here to post anything.

I have sort of a longish post to put up about ODP, so this will be a good test. I'll try it out right now.

Suz

133421[/snapback]

WOW! That puppy bumped me up 8 days. It was about 1625 characters, I think. That means all I have to do is post one of my average freelance articles over here every week and I'll never have to worry about counting days for posting. I'll also be eligible for an upgrade in no time. LIFE IS GOOD! (And so is Trap-17.)

Suz