xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

Aim: Dump It, Or Else!

Well AIM is now part of the "you have no privacy" thing. :lol:

AOL has changed their terms of service for AIM. You have no right to any expectation of privacy. Further, anything you say/type can and may or will be used for any reason whatsover.

In the strictest sense, I think this makes AIM spyware. Not the damaging kind maybe, but spyware nonetheless.

And people look at me funny when I work on their PC's and tell them dump all things AOL.

Article From eWeekArticle From eWeek

I don't really type anything on AIM that would worry me about it being used somewhere. I just talk about things...nothing in particular. That's still interesting though...I may think about not using AIM anymore, but I have some people on it that don't like any other instant messenger. I may tell them about this, if they're ever on...Thanks for that!

Haha, yay!I used to use AIM...a lot until recently I decided that it was interfering in my school work. Also, my computer was running a little slow, so I formatted it, and I never put AIM back on. :lol:Well, I feel sorry for the other people still using AIM. I believe that AIM will lose its popularity over the years which is when I sneak it with my instant messenger program (not yet programmed) and take over the entire IM industry (I hope).

Personally, I don't get why people won't use MSN 7.0. It's so much better! Graphics are awsome, the way the messenger works is overall 100% better now ( 7.0 is awsome ) and.. omg It's so long to list the features, so go to google, type in MSN Messenger 7.0 and download it!

Personally, I don't get why people won't use MSN 7.0. It's so much better! Graphics are awsome, the way the messenger works is overall 100% better now ( 7.0 is awsome ) and.. omg It's so long to list the features, so go to google, type in MSN Messenger 7.0 and download it!

132224[/snapback]

Actually I think msn 7 isnt that good, the contact list looks like crap with all the small avatars, its normally full of ads... and a few other things

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MSN 7.0 is still beta? Or has it been scrapped from release?There was some security flaw wasn't there? Something to do with winks. Anyone can make a 2-hour flash movie and send it to some unsuspecting victim as a wink, and he'll have to sit through the entire thing before he can do anything short of hard-restarting his computer.