xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
talbotda13

White Smoke New Pope

White smoke, bells signal selection of new pope

I think thats really cool they have selected a new pope in only a few days. I heard on the news its one of the 115 cardinals that was in the sistine chapel doing the voting. But anyways i hope he is a good pope

"Habemus Papam!" :o The new pope is yet to appear publicly, and be introduced to the general audience congregated in St. Peter's Square. I also wish he can continue what the late Pope John Paul II has started, and help guide the catholic faithfuls with the same dedication as his predecessor. :D

I've been watching the news of the Vatican closely lately, not because im a believer of their religion, simply out of curiosity.There was only one pope in the past that got assigned in 4 voterounds, unfortunately can't remember the name, but it's quite unique that a pope gets chosen so quickly.Imagine, Millions of people are excitingly waiting for the oldest cardinal to mention the new pope's name on the balcony, then, imagine the sound of "Habemus Papam!" going synchronized out of millions of mouth, not even the big bang could top that :o

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany is elected to succeed John Paul II as the 265th pope! POPE BENEDICT XVI

Im not catholic, but Im glad to hear they chose a new Pope, I wish him all the best, good health, long life. :lol:

Well i was hoping for a poor-country Pope, African for instance, but according to the press, the catholics aren't ready yet for a black pope (?!)The media said the entire week, that Ratzinger was the favourite, a ultra-conservative man, and a man of the vatican-machine, powerful enough to overtrone the ever lasting saying that affirms that the one who enters "papable" comes out cardinal as entered...I'm not catholic aldo had some catholic education (my parent's never did understood that i prefered futeboll instead :)), i'm not a christian, or belong to any kind of religion, help the next man is enough for me, i love the filosophy of Christ, i believe in God, and i do wish the Pope turns out to be a great one, a man of peace, may it finally come to all the humanity...and bring some love along :lol:

i was hoping the african guy would win. maybe he'd help the catholics (who are well known for saying they accept everone but secretly hate anyone who isnt rich and white) finally start opening up to the idea of equality. plus it would stir things up a bit, for all the racists in my town, mostly catholic. i just think it could've changed the world as we know it. EQUALITY=never gonna happen. ands thats just sad. (to put it simply)