xisto Community
Grant

Windows Xp 64 Bit Edtion what it all about

beside being for 64bit procesors so it will riun somoother and faster and some secrity fixes what all will it have i havent herd much about it and to lazy to read :o so if any one has got any incite that would be cool if you could let me no

Ok ...Simply to say ...The future of Windows is 64-bit: Windows XP 64-bit Edition and Windows 2002 64-bitHere are the features you will get in 64bit Windows XP :- Additional Performance and Scalability - Large memory support gives faster performance and ability to handle more complex tasks - Optimized for Itanium platform - Increased floating point performance - Multiprocessing capabilities - Single Desktop for Technical and Business Applications - 32-bit application compatibility and integration - Common management tools - Breadth of applications, Windows partners - Best Platform for the Next Generation of Applications - Windows programming model – single code base - Robust development tools (Visual Studio.NET support) - Microsoft .NETHere are the features you will get in 64bit Windows 2002 Server :- Additional scalability and reliability for memory-intensive applications - Breaks the 4GB/64GB memory limit - 16TB (terabytes) of flat virtual memory space - Greater physical memory capabilities - Hardware error detection and prediction - Extends the investment customers have made in Windows - Leverage existing Windows skill set - Native support for 64-bit Itanium hardware - Complements Windows servers on Intel x86 - Completely Interoperable with 32-bit Windows - Best Platform for new generation of scalable 64-bit server applications - Broad 64-bit application support - Same Windows programming model - Easy to migrate existing 32-bit Windows applicationsSo the 64-bit products are almost identical, feature-wise, to their 32-bit counterparts, but they're really not part of the same family.

beside being for 64bit procesors so it will riun somoother and faster and some secrity fixes what all will it have i havent herd much about it and to lazy to read  :o  so if any one has got any incite that would be cool if you could let me no

131297[/snapback]

I think you might be thinking of Longhorn... Coming out about 2007.

Apple's 64 Bit OS is coming out in 10 days...

I think you might be thinking of Longhorn... Coming out about 2007.

Apple's 64 Bit OS is coming out in 10 days...

131356[/snapback]

Oh... I forgot to look at the other posts :o

Looks like I'm wrong... meh. Sorry

WOOOOOW....such an awesome number of real kool features. You know what? I have never even seen this WIN XP 64 bit before in my dear country. Been searching for it after I heard of the windows version but I have never been able to get hold of the soft in the market.

Got one question though...

Can an Intel Celeron Processor running at 1.35 GHzz be able to run this windows version? I wanna know cos thats the clock speed of my comp's processor and I am not planning for an upgrade for now. That will be after I have gotten enough money for that.

Well, someone should help me answer that question.