xisto Community
theRealSheep

Australian Rules Football Thoughts early in the season

I would not be the first person to suggest that the results so far this season are very unpredictable. It has been making the footy tipping very hard indeed.No one would have expected to see West Coast and Adelaide at the top of the table and to see teams like Essendon and Brisbane do so poorly. But, of course, it is still early in the season and I am sure things will even out by the end.My biggest suprise of the season so far, was the Adelaide Crows winning by a very comfortable margin over Port Power. I even tipped against my beloved Crows...:o

I wouldn't say that the Bombers or the Lions have been a surprise. The Lions have had their run, it's time for someone else. The same deal with the Bombers. Problem with the Bombers, though, is that in the last two years is that some of their best players ended up on other teams (Caracella is one off the top of my head). Plus, the better, more experienced players that they still have are getting older, and there hasn't been any fantastic rookies to fill those gaps.Either way, I'm still rooting for the Bombers. -_-

Actually, I was just having a look at the ladder (I haven't had as much time to follow it this year).If you have a good look, about 4 years ago the bottom 7, were in the top 8... just the way the cookie crumbles.

Well, I said that it was a surprise to see then down the bottom of the ladder - I haven't written them off yet. Although, perhaps the Bombers seen as I'm watching on the TV and Hird is out injured and down almost 50 points with only a quater to go against Brisbane when playing at the Dome. I still think the teams like Brisbane and Port Adelaide will still likely make the finals by the end of the season. Of course, the other surprise is the Kangaroos, apart from their unbeaten run being broken by the Crows today... -_-

Yes - Topsy Turvy to put it mildly, I'd say. The Adelaide Crows giving the Saints a 'poleaxing', Richmond winning over Brisbane and Collingwood coming over the top of your (Tyssen) West Coast Eagles, all gives me zero points for tipping this round. Sometime I wonder why I even bother...What about Richmond though? I think they are having too much of those caffeine tablets that are all the rage at the moment :lol: On a serious note though, I don't think that 'elite' athletes like footballers should be taking beneficial supplements (like the aforementioned caffeine tablets).

Collingwood coming over the top of your (Tyssen) West Coast Eagles

They were back on form a week later though handing out a spanking to Port Adelaide! :rolleyes: