xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rik?

Another Firefox Security Update Firefox v1.0.3

Yes, another update.
You can read the fixes at ZDNet or here at the Mozilla Release Notes.

Before installing v1.0.3 make sure that the directory you've chosen to install into is clean and doesn't contain any previous Firefox installations! (known issue)

Greetz,
RikŠ

Is it a problem to install over a current installaion of Firefox??I noticed the update earlier today and installed it straight over the top of v1.0.2. I didn't even think about uninstalling the old - it doesn't mention anything before the install about previous versions.Anyway, I haven't had any trouble so far (for only half a day anyway :o).

Is it a problem to install over a current installaion of Firefox??

I noticed the update earlier today and installed it straight over the top of v1.0.2. I didn't even think about uninstalling the old - it doesn't mention anything before the install about previous versions.

Anyway, I haven't had any trouble so far (for only half a day anyway :o).

131057[/snapback]

I also installed the new version right overtop of 1.0.2 but I did have problems. The installer told me to restart my computer, but when I did the browser wouldn't open. It kept telling me that I needed to restart the computer before I could use it. The problem obviously was that I had already restarted the computer.

I tried restarting again 2 more times and still got the same result. I had unfortunately done some registry edits I found online to disable my IE so I was stuck with no browser at all to even re-download firefox.

I ended up getting firefox on another computer, burned it to CD, then uninstalled the messed up firefox, then re-installed v1.0.3. Now all is good.

What a pain!

Is it a problem to install over a current installaion of Firefox??

I noticed the update earlier today and installed it straight over the top of v1.0.2. I didn't even think about uninstalling the old - it doesn't mention anything before the install about previous versions.

Anyway, I haven't had any trouble so far (for only half a day anyway :o).

131057[/snapback]

I always do a 'clean install'....

Simple upgrading (download and install) can break some extensions.

-> list of broken and updated extensions

Before upgrading you can always check the Firefox Support Forums

Greetz,

RikŠ

i didnt unnistall the old version when upgrading to 1.0.3 and i didnt get any problems.. though i did get an entry in the add/remove programs for 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 :lol: