xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gdpglc

How To Resign? Whats your view about resignation?

I don't know whether resignation is general thing. for me, it is a challenge, a battle between employer and employee. The reason of resignation is usually raising pay, but I am not, I want to go to school to study more knowledge. I think the knowledge studied in work is shallow.Resignation is difficult if employee is excellent and there is a contract between employer and employee. After employee apply for resignation, the chat with employer can't be avoided. In the chat, employer must list lots of reason to urge employee to stay. Usually, employer will add the employee's wage. If employee still want to leave, I think emplyer will present the contract to force employee to stay. I don't know what will happen following.how to resign successfully? How to make employer willing to accept employees resign? Maybe, anyone who want to resign will experience a particular process. Hope anyone can get what he/her want. :o

i have resigned from 3 jobs. I don't know where you are from but based on your english, I am guessing it is not North America. In North America, the employers MUST accept your resignation without explanation. What you have to provide is an acceptable amount of time (notice) so that the employer can minimize the impact of your absense.I resigned from one job specifically to go back to school and I just told them I was going back to school. They can't say anything about that. They tried to offer me money but from my perspective, once you tell them you are leaving you can't change your mind.Now, if you have signed a specific contract stating you will complete X amount of months, then breaking the contract CAN be a problem. This is only if you are a CONTRACTOR. If you are on salary with no "end date" in your contract, you can quit any time. If you are a contractor, you must negotiate with the employer to get an earlier release date. It may not be possible if they need to get the work done. If you get an agreement... GET IT IN WRITING.