xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alaxsxa

The Monk And The Cat short story

is this an original piece of literature by yourself, alaxsxa? i can google the text, but it is in spanish (at berberber.com)... and i would like to confirm if you yourself wrote this. just so as to avoid various issues such as copyright, etc.. :o

This is a paper I did on the rescuers down under for my sociology class and why disney is really not good for kids if you watch the movies carefullyThe Rescuers: Down Under Disney is one of the most popular movie production companies in the world. They mostly make little kid movies but they do make movies that age in the early teens. Disney is so popular it is hard to find one kid that has not ever seen a Disney movie in their life. When parents let their kids watch a movie they really don?t think about the message that is being sent to the kids, they just think that it?s a cartoon how bad could it be. With Disney being so popular they play a big role in the development with kids these days. When children are little their minds are like a sponge so it isn?t very bright to show them anything bad. Now once I think about it most of the Disney movies that I have seen have had something in it that kids shouldn?t know about. So one movie that I wanted to analyze was The Rescuers Down Under. Rescuers down under starts out with the main character named Cody. Cody is an adventurous boy who likes to do the right thing. There is an eagle that is trapped and he wants to go save the eagle. He ends up saving the eagle. The eagles name is Faloo and she gives Cody a feather for saving her. He eventually runs into a poacher who wants to catch the Faloo to receive money. When Cody is leaving the poacher (McLeach) sees the feather the bird gave him. McLeach already killed the father now he wants Faloo. Cody will not tell where she is so the poacher kidnaps him. When Cody is kidnapped McLeach tortures him so he will speak where she is. These two mice are called to save Cody because they are detectives and their names are Bianca and Bernard. McLeach throws knives at the boy to scare him and make him tell but Cody doesn?t break. McLeach eventually finds out where the eagle is. So when McLeach captures the eagle he wants to kill Cody by feeding him to the alligators so it looks like an accident. When Cody is hanging over the water Bernard and Bianca save Faloo and Cody. The poacher and his salamander get pushed into the alligator invested water. Eventually Cody and Faloo are saved and that is the end of the movie.There are some bad things in this movie that kids should not be seeing or hearing. First it shows kidnapping which no kid needs to be introduced to this at this young of an age. McLeach also tortures Cody by throwing knives at him to make him speak up. Then when McLeach gets what he wants he tries killing the boy. This is a cartoon movie there doesn?t need to be any killing in a rated G movie. Jonah who is the salamander always does stupid stuff and he gets yelled at but when he gets yelled at by McLeach he swears and no kid needs to hear any of this because then they will remember it and say it and that could lead to bad things. Disney made this movie to attract little kids, which it did because when I was little I loved this movie but I really didn?t know all of this stuff. There is gun use in this movie and other weapons. All the behavior that McLeach does is not appropriate for kids and never will be.In comparison to the United States it is kind of the same. We have kidnappings and we do use guns to kill things and a lot of people swear in the U.S. This movie and a lot of other Disney movies are agents of socialization. When children watch these movies they pick up on them just like they do with things in everyday life. Sometimes the influence may not be good at all. After analyzing The Rescuers Down Under I realize this really isn?t a good movie for little kids to watch but parents show them to kids because they think Disney movies are good for children. Some of these movies are educational but some aren?t. Some are educational in a good way and some are in a bad way.