xisto Community
karlo

Video Capture And Video Editing Help! a help about video capturing and video editing

how can i remove those cloudy effects in the video that i captured? especially in a little dark areas? i used virtualdub still, i am not satisfied with the result. also, what if there are many shakes in the video? is there a way to avoid them?

and i captured something from the tv, how can i improve the captured video?

i would like to create an effect similar to the movie "Alias" where multiple camera angles. as for me, i took a shot of the driver, then i took a shot of the road. here's the result http://karlo-1.tripod.com/angle.html

i would like it to have sound effects and cool background musics. what will i do?

and also, is there a capture program that will avoid dropped frames? currently, i captured that video from my analog video cam and used virtualdub, my compression is lossless jpeg. still, it eats 3 gb for 19 minutes of video. i can't use divx because the audio is not synchronized with the video. i am using windows xp pro sp2 pentium 3 700mhz, 320 mb ram, 64 mb video card.

and also, in addition, when capturing videos, i would like it to be compressed immediately using DivX. but the audio of the video is not synchronized. i tried every sync method in virtualdub and still, it dosen't work.

I recommend using a tripod to keep your camera still and avoid shaking...You can improve captured video clips by using VirtualDub. Select "Filters" from the "Video" menu and click on the "Add" button to select a filter. If the picture is blurry, select the "sharpening" filter, if the picture is sharp, try the "smoothing filter" (it will smooth out the video clip, but it tries not to blur it).If you would like to have sound effects and background music, use a video editing tool such as (my favorite) Sony's "Vegas"... By using this program, you can add lot's and lot's of transition effects and the rendering option is very simple to use, but it still has many options that you can hand tweak to get the video quality you want!If you want to edit your videos smoothly, it is recommended to get the biggest hard disk that you can get your hands on (mostly depends on the size of your pocket :o ), and a more powerful processor... DivX compression takes allot of processing power, and that may be the cause to the audio falling behind (or running forward). However, you should uninstall your current DivX video codec, get the LATEST DivX codec from the DivX website (http://www.divx.com/) and install it on your computer to make sure that this is not a codec problem.

I recommend using a tripod to keep your camera still and avoid shaking...

You can improve captured video clips by using VirtualDub. Select "Filters" from the "Video" menu and click on the "Add" button to select a filter. If the picture is blurry, select the "sharpening" filter, if the picture is sharp, try the "smoothing filter" (it will smooth out the video clip, but it tries not to blur it).

If you would like to have sound effects and background music, use a video editing tool such as (my favorite) Sony's "Vegas"... By using this program, you can add lot's and lot's of transition effects and the rendering option is very simple to use, but it still has many options that you can hand tweak to get the video quality you want!

If you want to edit your videos smoothly, it is recommended to get the biggest hard disk that you can get your hands on (mostly depends on the size of your pocket  :o ), and a more powerful processor... DivX compression takes allot of processing power, and that may be the cause to the audio falling behind (or running forward). However, you should uninstall your current DivX video codec, get the LATEST DivX codec from the DivX website (http://www.divx.com/) and install it on your computer to make sure that this is not a codec problem.

130763[/snapback]

i have the latest DivX codec... I mean, I have a video editor, well, where can i get sound effects and background musics for free?

Hmmm... Free?

Maybe here, but there aren't many songs...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Techno music sounds pretty good as background music... You could try searching for that!

130917[/snapback]

That's a good website. Can you recommend more websites that offers free background musics and sound effects?

how can i remove those cloudy effects in the video that i captured? especially in a little dark areas? i used virtualdub still, i am not satisfied with the result. also, what if there are many shakes in the video? is there a way to avoid them?

Maybe it's me but I didn't see those cloudy effects. However, if you are referring to colors (shades) going dark and light, that's due to your auto exposure in your camcorder. If you would like to eliminate that, either manually "fix" (set permanently to a value, let's say +1 or -2 in your driver scene case) or use a Neutral Density lens filter. Shaking of the camcorder is natural, especially in the car. When driving footages are being shot the camcorder/camera is always fixed to the motion that is the greatest. So, mount your camcorder to either 1) the dash board 2) side handle 3) clamp it on window or hood. I know it's bit extreme but what you have to realize is that your body has many shock systems that you don't notice little bumps and jerks while driving. And since your hand is independent from your body when absorbing shocks, that's the reason that your footage is very shaky.

and i captured something from the tv, how can i improve the captured video?

To capture TV clip in high resolution, your capture card has to be able to capture in high resolution. In my humble opinion, 720x480 NTSC setting would be good enough. However, with advancement of HD-recorders these days, you should look into getting 1280x1024 24bit capture card. One example of capturing from TV would be using your TV tuner card. It's the best method I have found so far.

i would like to create an effect similar to the movie "Alias" where multiple camera angles. as for me, i took a shot of the driver, then i took a shot of the road. here's the result http://karlo-1.tripod.com/angle.html

Excellent work!

i would like it to have sound effects and cool background musics. what will i do?

Treat your sounds just like you would treat your video clips. Using your video editing software, place multiple song clips in each individual sound track and then you can fade in and out from one to the other, etc.

and also, is there a capture program that will avoid dropped frames? currently, i captured that video from my analog video cam and used virtualdub, my compression is lossless jpeg. still, it eats 3 gb for 19 minutes of video. i can't use divx because the audio is not synchronized with the video. i am using windows xp pro sp2 pentium 3 700mhz, 320 mb ram, 64 mb video card.

I have been using Adobe Premiere and FinalCut Pro for over 5 years and both programs would do capture with drop/undrop frames. Therefore, your limitations are only caused by your imagination and your software. I think it's time for you to upgrade your hardware. Should you consider, I have found that Pentium 4 with HT technology to be the most cost effective and great for video editing.

and also, in addition, when capturing videos, i would like it to be compressed immediately using DivX. but the audio of the video is not synchronized. i tried every sync method in virtualdub and still, it dosen't work.

130541[/snapback]

This is usually due to either 1) your processor cannot handle the mass streaming instruction to combine video and audio into one file (faster processor speed would help) 2) your memory and your processor is not synched (matter of front side and back side bus) 3) your cache setting is out dated for using video editing software 4) you do not have 10GB or more hard drive space to do the editing. Although your final video file might be less than 700MB, during your editing and converting Windows require at least 100MB per 1 minute of your footage as a temporary disc cache. And if you are working with DV AVI, you probably noticed that it takes about 1GB of disc space for about 30 minutes of your footage.

Respond back to this thread, if you have the chance, with your progress.

I use Windows Movie maker on SP2 and to be hones i have no problems with it i make pro movies with sound cool edited clips transitions etc... and i capture the movies from games with fraps... from other stuff with Camtasia recorder..