xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shoobi

Bandwidth? What Is It? and other questions i have

Could someone please explain to me what bandwidth is and how it helps?and alsohow much credit do you need to keep ur site up?how often do you need to post?if your site is terminated.. can you post again and then does it go back up?

Lets go one point at a time:1. Bandwitdh : It is the amount of data transfer done when someone accesses your site. If you site is graphics heavy, more data is tranferred to display the page on his system, so he uses more bandwidth. If the site is plain, the usage of bandwidth per page is less. So that value multiplied by all the page views by all the users make up the bandwidth.2. You can post as many times or as often as you can post. The credits would accumulate and reduce at the rate of 1 credit per day. So, if you have 30 credits, you can go without posting for 30 days before your site is suspended.If the credits reach -30, i.e., you dont post for 30 more days, it gets terminated.3. No, A terminated account cannot go back up again even if you post. But a suspended account will go back up and your site will be accessible as soon as you get enough credits.All the process is automated by scripts.Hope that helped clear your doubts. But if you read the site rules and a few other threads, it would clear all your doubts if you have anymore. It is adviced that you look through the forums first before posting anything, so that you dont create duplicate threads for something that is already available.Cheers.