xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Anndi

I Need Help With Domain Stuff Can Someone Help Me, Please?

Right, I want to get free hosting package 2, but I would also like my own domain, maybe using Cjb.net, or something, maybe one of those ones from dotWorlds... Who knows, but anyways, can someone explain to me what I have to do to setup these free domains with my hosting package? I haven't applied for my package yet, I want to find out about the domain names, first. :o I want all the details, please. :D

Okay, register or apply for your hosting package normally in the appropriate forum. Make sure you supply a SUBDOMAIN like yourdomain.trap17.com.After you get your hosting package and you have successfully set it up, go to a free subdomain provider. I'll be using cjb.net for this post.Make an account at cjb.net, or sign into Account Settings (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). Type in ns1.trap17.com where it says "DNS Server:".Now, go to your cPanel at yourdomain.trap17.com/cpanel and find Parked Domains on that page and click on it. Type in yourdomain.cjb.net in the text box provided and wait a couple of days (cjb.net is usually slow on the DNS stuff). After that, you should be able to access your site from yourdomain.cjb.net, and if you have a directory at yourdomain.trap17.com/images, then you can access that from yourdomain.cjb.net/images. :oIf you register a domain name, then you have to go through the same steps as above, but instead of entering ns1.trap17.com, you will enter in ns2.trap17.com as well as ns1.trap17.com. After that, go to your cPanel and park your domains.yourdomain.trap17.com is, of course, the subdomain you chose when you apply for a hosting package. yourdomain.cjb.net is the domain name you chose when signing up for cjb.netIf you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post a reply :D