xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Jazz/funk Recommendations

Ok well in the Jazz/Funk forums - all we get is "What's some good Funk" or "Recommend me Jazz" all the time and it just feels like your repeating yourself everyday.Well to make sure this doesn't happen again - I have made this thread so that everyone can post their favourite funk/Jazz artists followed by songs that you would recommend. Also feel free to put in as much extra info on the artist as you wish eg. recommended albums, bio, why you like the artist, if you like this artist you'll probably like.....etc etc. Also state what genre the artist fits into.Ok i'll start - James BrownSoul/FunkRecommended songs -Sex MachinePapa's got a brand new bagLiving in AmericaI feel GoodI'm a Soul ManIt's a Man's WorldSoul PowerThe Big PaybackRecommended album - Live at the ApolloIf you like this artist you will probably like- Curtis Mayfield and Isaac Hayes.etc etcFeel free to put in as many recommendations as you want.