xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Pop?

what do you mean by pop? Popular music or music that is shoved down the throats of society day after day? What makes popular music? Is it the fact it's popular or is it the fact the record companies tell you it's popular and make the majority of people in the world buy it? Pop Idol is a disgrace to music, where's the talent in being a karoke singer? It's all about money, lets make another one of those crappy pop artists that will cover a couple old classics then fall flat on their face. If pop truely is popular music, why would so many alterntive bands be so scared of calling themselves pop? I guess it speaks for itself really. Pop music has been associated with boy bands and cheese for so long the meaning of the word has actually been changed. Someone phone the Oxford Dictionary hotline, Pop now means manufactured mush that can make a fast buck if promoted correctly. Now ask yourself this... Do you still like POP very much?

I love rock pop like Hanson, but i hate the pop music like Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Paulina Rubio and this kind of plastic artists. :x

Okay, Hanson have had the privilage of working with the dust brothers, so they get a little credit, they are a bit older now than when they started, so lets see what happens.