xisto Community
iGuest

Do you like reading books for a school subject?

This sucks man, I hate being obligated to read book for the "Spanish" class at school. I have to read a book called: "El Se?or De Las Moscas" of William Golding. The title is "The Lord Of The Flies" if you translate it to English. This seems to be some kind of fake of LoTR:cry: :cry: :cry: What do you think about making students read book for class?In my opinion, they should at least let us choose the book -.-! As we could do 6 years ago

HAHAHAHA

No, it is NOT Lord Of The Rings. Its about a bunch of kids who get stranded on an island, its very interesting. I saw the movie and it was great lots of raw emotion, really great. Its not like Lord Of The Rings at all though. No magic, no wizards... none of that stuff... maybe thats why you find it boring...

But no seriously give it a try it will pick up and get interesting I guarantee.

Yeah well anyway I didn't like reading in school. They just give you a book that the teacher raves about - because she knows the subtext and the hidden meaning and you just walk in blank and she has no idea why you are so bored with it, and nothing happens.

Reading any book may be a pleasure. Even that one you have to read for a school subject. Everything depends on attitude (and on book of course ;) ).

I absolutely hate it. I like it much better if the instructer lets me choose what i want to read. It keeps me more interested and i feel like i end up learning mroe because i actually can focus on the book.

I absolutely despise reading books for school. It just takes all the fun out of reading. When I was younger, I used to be an avid reader. When you're reading for fun, you're not analyzing every little detail. But when you're reading for school, every word you read might be an allusion to something else. So all in all, reading books for school is not my thing.

I do not hate having to read books for a school subject. I actually enjoy most of the books we have to read for school (Romeo and Juliet, Othello, Iliad, etc.). The only thing that I do not like about reading the books is that there is always a ton of work associated with the book. There are some books that I cannot stand. For example, Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll was a terrible book in my opinion. I couldn't understand a thing that happened in the book while I was reading it. Also Great Expectations by Charles Dickens was a pain to read as well. The book was really long and pointless. The characterization of the protagonist made me want to kill myself. Pip is was so ignorant and dedicated to a girl that didn't even show feelings for him. Anyways, I despise those two books. However, I know that MANY people will have to disagree with me on that. My friends love those books and we had arguments all the time with those books.