xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Have fun FNH (WITHOUT ME)

Yeah, the hosting is comming bk, and that's good.

Aye...but for how long before it goes down again?

oh, dont start with this crap lol
I agree, you people that post this stuff are the most negative people I have ever seen in my life. Be grateful. :evil: 8)

I have mixed feelings about your situation. Why would you want your mod status back? You were hardly here anyways?But it will be sad to see ya go ;) Maybe you could re-apply for your position if you wanted it.

I don't want my position back anymore. I am fine with it gone. Being a regular member is all I need, I think I may start my site up again.

I agree, you people that post this stuff are the most negative people I have ever seen in my life. Be grateful. :evil:  8)

Grateful...no offense APX004 but I expect things to work. I put 100% of my energies into what I do. I ask the same of others. As far as I am aware the front-page of the site still says 99.9% uptime. What statistics this comes from I do not know.

As for my question, I don't mean to sound negative...but I'm a realist. How long will we have our accounts up if we re-apply? Two, maybe three weeks tops...then it's back to the start again. Some of us do get bored doing that.

FNH used to be reliable...It's not worth the effort rebuilding your site once a month; begins to bore me.

Apologies if any of you were offended by my earlier comments.

I agree, you people that post this stuff are the most negative people I have ever seen in my life. Be grateful. :evil:  8)

Grateful...no offense APX004 but I expect things to work. I put 100% of my energies into what I do. I ask the same of others. As far as I am aware the front-page of the site still says 99.9% uptime. What statistics this comes from I do not know.

As for my question, I don't mean to sound negative...but I'm a realist. How long will we have our accounts up if we re-apply? Two, maybe three weeks tops...then it's back to the start again. Some of us do get bored doing that.

FNH used to be reliable...It's not worth the effort rebuilding your site once a month; begins to bore me.

Apologies if any of you were offended by my earlier comments.

This is a fair enough statement if it was about paid services but this is free hosting. Admin cannot afford multiple servers or load balancing as this is costly so you must be grateful for the service you do recieve. If your not happy with this its time to get a job and buy paid hosting.

This is a fair enough statement if it was about paid services but this is free hosting. Admin cannot afford multiple servers or load balancing as this is costly so you must be grateful for the service you do recieve. If your not happy with this its time to get a job and buy paid hosting.

Ouch!! :roll:

the truth is you can always have a backup of your site.. if anything goes wrong, u can re-upload it.. the reconfiguring part is unnavoidable...

Be Well 8-)

I actually do have a job and I am in the process of getting paid hosting; so don't sound to condesending next time you comeback at me. My qualm with paid hosting is whether or not I'll just end up wasting my money due to the reliability issues I see around here; not whether I can afford it.

It's the way this place treated free hosters that I am annoyed about.

Instead of saying "Yay, freenukehosting is back.", then two weeks later saying we're down again; then another two weeks later proclaiming to be back again etc...admin could have simply said. "I'm not going to say we're back until I know we are back for certain; instead of coodling people for a while." Easy. I for one would have understood that, so would many others.

It's this reliability issue that bugs people, and why some people are leaving. Not everyone likes rebuilding their site every two weeks or so. You may enjoy it; but it is a waste of my time.

Regards...
Matthew.

the truth is you can always have a backup of your site.. if anything goes wrong, u can re-upload it.. the reconfiguring part is unnavoidable...

My entire site is on my hard-drive anyhow...it's the uploading and setting up every farts end that is bothersome.

I actually do have a job and I am in the process of getting paid hosting; so don't sound to condesending next time you comeback at me. My qualm with paid hosting is whether or not I'll just end up wasting my money due to the reliability issues I see around here; not whether I can afford it. etc...

Ok, well you've heard our opinions on the paid hosting and we find it just fine. You always have the choice to cancel and its a 1 month contract. The reliability issues for the free hosting and the paid hosting are a different story - the free hosting was shut down because of illegal files on the server, not because the server is un-reliable.

I have indeed heard good things about the paid server. Like I said I'm a little wary of the situation; but will be getting paid hosting.