xisto Community
iGuest

phpBB v.s php-Nuke

I would like to know what one you think is the best one.

phpBB v.s php-Nuke [Questions]

----------------------------------

phpBB

Is phpBB better then phpNuke?

Is phpBB more complex then php-Nuke?

Does phpBB have better admin features then php-Nuke?

Does phpBB have better quality themes then php-Nuke?

What are the downside of phpBB compared to php-Nuke?

Does phpBB have better security features then php-Nuke?

Does phpBB have a better support interface then php-Nuke?

php-Nuke

Is php-Nuke better then phpBB?

Is php-Nuke more complex then phpBB?

Does php-Nuke have better admin features then phpBB?

Does php-Nuke have better quality themes then phpBB?

What are the downside of php-Nuke compared to phpBB?

Does php-Nuke have better security features then phpBB?

Does php-Nuke have a better support interface then phpBB?

----------

If you have anything to add to the question list feel free to add to it, if you do please state your response.

----------

:: ADD :: Also add a comment for each one if you can and the one you think is the best, and why.

:: IF YOU CAN :: Answer all the questions above and leave a comment about each of them.

=================================

phpBB v.s php-Nuke [Questions]

----------------------------------

phpBB

Is phpBB better then phpNuke?-They're different things. phpBB is a forum, which allows users to post messages in threads, and PHPNuke is a CMS that allows you to create a complex site without coding knowledge.

Is phpBB more complex then php-Nuke?-Both are incredibly complex. They're probably about the same in complexity. Don't even think about modifying one without alot of experience.

Does phpBB have better admin features then php-Nuke?-Well, that's difficult to say, since they're used for different things.

Does phpBB have better quality themes then php-Nuke?-For standalone themes, I'd say not. However, alot of really good Nuke themes comes with built-in themes for an embedded phpBB forum.

What are the downside of phpBB compared to php-Nuke?-It's difficult to create actual pages with phpBB. Usually, you have to just put it as a post.

Does phpBB have better security features then php-Nuke?-phpBB is fairly secure, and it's patched up quickly when a hole is found.

Does phpBB have a better support interface then php-Nuke?-Official support, definately. They have a huge community at their site to help with support. Unofficially, however, Nuke has tons of large forums dedicated to support.

php-Nuke

Does php-Nuke have better quality themes then phpBB?-I'd say PHPNuke has better themes, but usually these come with embedded themes for and embedded forum.

What are the downside of php-Nuke compared to phpBB?-It doesn't natively have a forum. However, this is easily solved with the phpBB port by nukecops.

Does php-Nuke have better security features then phpBB?-Nuke is infamous for some of its large security holes which have gone officially unpatched. However, there are patches available through 3rd party sites which make it much more secure.

----------

If you have anything to add to the question list feel free to add to it, if you do please state your response.

----------

:: ADD :: Also add a comment for each one if you can and the one you think is the best, and why.

:: IF YOU CAN :: Answer all the questions above and leave a comment about each of them.

=================================

I left out some of the Nuke questions because I answered them in the phpBB section.

Overall, you should go with whatever you need. If you need only a forum and have your own site, then go with a stand-alone phpBB. If you need to create a complete site with forums, go with PHPNuke with embedded phpBB forums. If you don't need forums, but need a site, go with PHPNuke alone.

Sorry what i ment was, what would be the better thing to do, make your own website template or what not and use the pbpBB for your website forums, or use php-Nuke for your whole website and use there forums. Or use php-Nuke for your website and use phpBB for your site forums, is what i ment.I like to make my own templates to the style and taste that i like.

I'd say that using the built-in forums of phpnuke. However, it does make it more difficult for specific php mods to be added to it. But I have seen a phpnuke version around which does have a "standalone" phpbb integrated which would eliminate this problem, i think.