xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

SQL!

ok..i have been searching the forums for quite some time now looking for how to get my database and i cant find anything...all i am finding is why its not working...im not interested in why it doesnt work...i just want my database back ;)

I heard that you could get it back, but the question is...How. If you cant even go to ur cpanel. I dont think this is possible. they all lost. or if theres a way you can get it. :arrow:

Are you trying to backup your database(s)? Heres how you can do it:

Posted Image

Pick the DB you want to backup and download it ;)

If this isnt what youre trying to do - DAMN!

ok if you read my post all the way through you would have seen something in there

http://forums.xisto.com/

Cpanel is the only way, other than phpmyadmin to access your mysql databases, BUT Apache server has to be running and working. Since the current problem is that apache isnt working, then it would seem logical that you could access these files right?

Well you might be thinking, what about ftp?

Well heres the answer, no, the ftp account allows you to access files at a certain level, if you notice you cant go any farther down the chain then the folder containt the public_html and public_ftp folders. The mysql databases are stored in a diffrent area all together. They are located in the apahce server folder, in a certain section, THAT YOU CANT ACCESS THROUGH FTP

like i said in that post, sorry no one can acess there mysql, and im trying to figure a way out to fix this so i can tell admin so he can fix it giving everyone the opportunity to get there databases, and without access to apache, this will take me alot longer.