xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

MySQL Datatbase Problem

I have seen alot of questions on the forums about how to back-up your mysql databases since the free hosting is going down. Even though some of you have been able to access cpanel (i still can on my old free hosting, stoneddevilinc.vaio-hosting.com) and are thinking the databases have been deleted, they have not.If you have read around about whats been going on, you would know that the Apache server program on the vaio-hosting server is down right now. Admin has been trying to fix it with no luck. MySQL and many other things, like your actual site, are not working since they are controled and implemented by Apahce Webserver program.What this means is even though you can access cpanel(cpanel is is ts own server side program, and does not require Apache to be running properly) you will not be able to access your MySQL, or any other form of databases. And no you can not access them through ftp. They are stored at a lower level than your allowed access too. They are stored in the same folder as the apache server software. And any member having access to that would be extremly bad.I hope this has cleared up a few of the questions everyone has been having.

well the apache repair might not happen. from what i can see looking throguh a program i made to record some error logs, apache has some internal errors out the butt. might have to reinstalland admin couldnt, be BEYOND hard to download and hand out each database. but ill find out what we can do