xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

phpBB 3

am i the only who can't waitfor that hting. I really want to see the new ACP and warning system. I would like to know if FNH will supply the auto update for PHPBB3 which phpBB group said they gonna realase. I have np doing it manually but the cpanel installer is easy and quick. Which is good for my slow connection.

am i the only who can't waitfor that hting. I really want to see the new ACP and warning system. I would like to know if FNH will supply the auto update for PHPBB3 which phpBB group said they gonna realase. I have np doing it manually but the cpanel installer is easy and quick. Which is good for my slow connection.

I'll hope they add this thing to cpanel

I'll hope they add this thing to cpanel

would also be nice to have ipb 2.x on cpanel..if they havent already

They can't do that. Unless you want to donate 200 bucks to the cpanel creators for them to buy the license. Even then, it's not exactly legal to let everyone use it. They would have to buy the licenses for every copy used in this way.They're not that rich.

They can't do that. Unless you want to donate 200 bucks to the cpanel creators for them to buy the license. Even then, it's not exactly legal to let everyone use it. They would have to buy the licenses for every copy used in this way.
They're not that rich.

ohh i didnt know that!..so all scripts in fantastico/cpanel are free scripts then?
hmm...i thought when u buy cpanel ur like paying for everything..may bad!

"]

They can't do that. Unless you want to donate 200 bucks to the cpanel creators for them to buy the license. Even then, it's not exactly legal to let everyone use it. They would have to buy the licenses for every copy used in this way.
They're not that rich.

ohh i didnt know that!..so all scripts in fantastico/cpanel are free scripts then?
hmm...i thought when u buy cpanel ur like paying for everything..may bad!

NOp when you buy cpanel not everything comes with it, i think. I don't think that Fantastico which houses all the easy to install script includes with cpanel. Besides FNH ain't got there fantastico installed.

phpBB 3 will be probably released late this march or next month as seen in phpBB website. One can upgrade it I suppose.

nah upgrading to PHPBB2.013 is not that hard because u just replace the files and run update_to_latest.php and u are ready. but since 3 is smth new it will need a lot of job and database backups and conversions. P.S i Don't think Cpanel pays for the IPB liscence. The one who pays for the liscence is the company to offer IPB2 so in that case is FNH. But i don't thinka ny comapny will ever offer that because they must get a liscence for every copy. Really not worth. Unless they make some kind of deal like buy unlimited liscences to give only to their hosting for some special prize with a special hosting tag on it like IPB 2 for FNH. So they can recognize if it is only indeed used by FNH and not given out.